“Amazing food, friendly service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hurley's Creekside - CLOSED

Hurley's Creekside
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Affordable fine dining right on the Creek. Dining outside or inside and open Monday through Sunday for Dinner at 4PM. Winter schedule the same with outside heating . Outside area is Pet Friendly! Full Bar with delicious cocktails, Specialty Drinks and wide variety of Beer and Wines. Large Groups and Children are very welcome. Reservations are accepted and recommended during weekends and holidays.
Candler, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Passing through Maggie Valley last night, on our way to a concert in Cherokee, my wife and I noticed what appeared to be either a changed or new restaurant we had never seen before. Could be wrong, it's been a few years since we spent any time in Maggie Valley. Regardless, we decided to give it a go, knowing we had a potentially long night ahead of us, and that Cherokee was probably packed with people as it was.

Boy, did that turn out to be the right move. We were almost instantly greeted by a rather nice young man, and lead to table on a smallish patio, with a perfect few of what I believe is known as Jonathan Creek rushing by (again, I could be wrong, not quite being a local to the town). Just enough sound of the water roaring through the closed sliding glass doors to be heard, but not be over bearing.

Our server was a younger fellow by the name of Brandon. Very prompt, he had our drink order back to us in moments, before we really even started tearing the menu apart. We asked for a few minutes, during which I decided that it was time to try an old favorite I haven't had in a while, a classic prime rib. Feeling a little hungry, but not wanting to weight myself down, I went for a 12 ounce, and got it blackened. My wife decided on a pasta primavera, something kinda out of her character, which I didn't really expect.

She was glad she did. As was I. Her primavera was as creamy of one as I'd ever seen. No shortage of veggies in it, either. I'm not normally a big fan of alfredo sauces, but this one was just delightful. And the bowl it was in was HUGE. Had plenty to take back home for the kids to try. As for my prime rib? Well, there was nothing left for the kids on that one! I almost didn't add the blackening option, because many places seem to let a good prime dry out a bit while blackening. Not the case here. Not only was it a perfect medium cook (again, I hear this is hard to do with a blackening process), but it was a juicy as any prime rib I've ever had. And absolutely melted in my mouth. Full of flavor, and my only regret was not stepping up to the 16 ounce. The baked potato I had with it was huge, too. I asked them to melt a little cheese over it, and I guess someone in the kitchen was feeling generous, because that wasn't 'a little' cheese. Darn thing was great.

We realized that it was starting to get a little close to showtime, so we grabbed a piece of a double chocolate cake for the road, and that was still a bigger than we bargained for (again, just more for the kids, though! - and they're begging to go themselves now), and made our way on. We're still talking about it today. It's been a while since we've eaten somewhere that stuck with us for more than the rest of night, hence feeling I should leave this review. I can't wait to see if the burgers here can match the quality of the prime rib - and there was a good size list of burger options. Heck, next time I might even bring a DD and see if the bartender is as good as the chef. I'll let you all know how THAT one turns out, too. :)

The sort version? Great service, AMAZING food. I'd suggest to anyone looking for a good meal to stop by. I know I'll be back, and it's almost an hour drive from home!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank VanceDeschain

Waynesville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome, Menu - fantastic prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife - Mary, had the prime rib, AMAZING, tender, juicy, cooked perfectly (medium rare) with a caesar salad to start and a loaded baked potato. I had a monstrous burger "The Ghost Town" just fantastic American decadence, dripping with barbecue sauce, and loaded down with lettuce, tomato, pickles, fried onion petals, bacon, and three kinds of awesome melted cheeses, I could barely get a hold of it!!! and the fresh house cut fries are second to none. We were extremely pleased, our server was Gibby, ask for him, he took great care of us, he was right there when we needed him and he let us enjoy our meal when we didn't need him.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rusty S
Colfax, il
“Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We ate at Hurley's while in Maggie Valley. We went early so not too many people were there. We asked for a seat overlooking the creek and was accomodated. Our server Brandon, was very nice and friendly. He did a good job. We choose chicken and a steak, both were very good. We would go back again.

• Visited April 2014
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“Food is good...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Food is good at Hurley's but not exceptional. We found it to be a bit pricy and the service we had was just so-so....very slow.
It happened to be Halloween night and they seemed much more interested in getting us out of the way (we were seated on the dance floor) so they could get on with the party.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rentayenta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We really enjoyed Hurley's! The food and staff were excellent. We enjoyed the back porch and the view of the creek while dining. Try the Hurley's Chicken with loaded mashed potatoes if you want a real treat, their BBQ Baby back ribs are great!

Visited March 2014