“Reservation”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Nashville, Tennessee
“Reservation”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Was planning a trip to this hotel and was excited with the reviews but spent three hours attempting to call the 800 number and the other number. When I did contact someone I made the comment that I had been calling for three hours and the lady got smart and said in a rude tone she was checking out other guest and taking care of them. Said I under stand and was asking about rooms and she quoted three, I asked about the difference between them and she said well you just think about it and call back. And hung up...
Unsure if this will be the stay for me. Comments said customer satisfaction funny never got to be a customer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
AnnMaggieValley, Owner at Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your telephone call experience with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer service to our guests.

There are always two sides to every story. As I stated to you during our conversation, we were very busy the morning of your attempted telephone calls. We were busy with a large group reservation that was checking out and making reservations for their visit next year. During that period of time I let the telephone calls go to voicemail.

We have two group reservations coming from the Nashville area this year. I quoted you the discount rates for the types of rooms available. I got the impression that you were not pleased with the discount rates your group negotiated with me. Again, I got the impression that you were not going to be making your reservation at that time so I said "why don't you think about it and give us a call later when you have made your decision what you would like to do" Because at that point, more guests were coming into the office to checkout and make their reservations for the following year. You said,"ok", not...I would like to make my reservation now...

We do apologize for any misunderstanding you may have and hope that you will join your group with us this summer.

Regards,
Carol Burrell
Host
Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
800-621-1260

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Amherst Junction, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I had just drove 14hrs. from Wisconsin to Maggie Valley. Creekside Lodge was the first stop and gosh was it an excellent choice. Ms. Linda has a great smile and her hospitality skills are excellent. Ms. Linda recommended a eating establishment which fed me to my stomachs content. She put me in a "creek side" room and the running waters put me to sleep. Thank you!

The next morning I was greeted by a warm smile and a conversation that I could still be having with Ms. Carol. I enjoy people who look you in your eyes with a smile!

When coming through Maggie Valley; this will be the place I stay. I look forward to the return visit.

Cheers

Room Tip: 2nd level; creek side in the NW corner.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed three nights at the Lodge. It was clean and quiet. The staff was nice and helpful during our stay. I was there for the Can-Am Spyder event. The Lodge staff had towels out for us to wipe our Spyders down upon our return and even had a hose available if we chose to wash them.

Room Tip: Any lower level on the creek side would be good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrfats55
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Whether coming with a group of bikers or staying alone, I've always had a great experience year after year after year. Welcoming hosts Carol and Rebecca pour on that southern hospitality and make you feel right at home. The rooms are neat, comfortable and clean. Beds are soft. Sheets and towels are fresh and clean. The large deck beside the creek is relaxing and great for group meetings or just being lazy. The rocking chairs outside the rooms are welcoming after a long day's ride. The waterhose and rags for bikers remind you that you are in biker-friendly territory. The 24 hour pool is refleshing on a hot summer day or night. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Wheels Through Time American Motorcycle Museum is just down the street. The Blue Ridge Parkway is just a few miles away. The Creekside Lodge makes a perfect headquarters for riding lots of great twisties including the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. It's a great place for non-bikers as well. I've never been disappointed with this great little creekside motel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We came in to stay for a week, and were so impressed by the accommodations and the friendly staff. We're a family of five and stayed in the 3 bedroom suite. With three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and kitchen, there was plenty of space for our family to spread out and feel right at home. The master bedroom had a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub. There was enough space that even the teenager could find a place to sit and relax or watch tv.
There was a laundry room, which was great for our week long stay, and having a full kitchen saved us a ton on meals.
Maggie Valley was a very nice little spot to stay, and it's easy to get to Waynesville and Asheville. After we'd explored the local area and Asheville, we did daily treks into Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountains. Even driving on the highway to get to those cities offers a spectacularly beautiful drive. This whole area is just gorgeous, and we're so glad that we were able to spend so much time here.
I'd highly recommend the Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge for either a grown up getaway or a family excursion. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and the staff could not have been nicer.

• Stayed March 2013
S.C.
Reviewed 17 February 2013

February 16-17,2013
Really liked the friendly check in welcome we got. This was our second time staying and looking forward to going back. Rooms very clean and warm (the heater was already on). Loved going out on porch to see and hear the water. Ms. Carol (the host) very helpful and friendly. She told us about the best restaurants and even gave us a coupon. Thanks Ms. Carol. Can't wait to see you again. I recommend this place to family's or newly weds.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gingingin
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Came in on a rainy night on my bike and had a great time at the pool. After the rain went away I rode my Harley until it was dark and came back to a bonfire next to the river. Great time awesome staff....

Columbus