“Like unwrapping socks at Christmas”

Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Maggie Valley is a favorite destination from childhood. Since the Abbey Inn closed (which was the best place to stay in the valley) I have been at a loss on where to stay. I knew peak season rates would be a shock but I pulled into the Creekside Lodge as it was pleasant looking with a mid-valley view of the mountains. A very pleasant young woman checked me in. I chose a standard room for $70 and made the mistake of not looking at the room first--a huge mistake when trying a new place. When we went into the room, it was, at best a walk-in closet and a dark one at that. I simmered for a few minutes and returned to the office where the young lady informed me they did not refund monies but asked if I would like to see a creek-side room for $10 more. She walked with me to see the room which was much better--not great--but much better. It had 2 double-beds and enough room to walk around and the bathroom was big enough to turn around in. The tub was uncomfortable and very slippery to stand in while showering--an older traveler could easily slip. I can't say the beds were not comfortable because they were. The outside balcony looking onto the creek was pleasant and we sat out there for a good while. I can't say it was noisy during the night because it wasn't. I just don't feel like I got good value for my money. No kleenex tissue dispenser and the shampoo and lotion samples were dollar store quality. Lesson learned--if I am going to spend $90 for a room, I'll stay at a chain hotel. I try to stay at mom and pop places when I travel for personal reasons. Avoid those standard rooms if you are claustrophobic! The young lady at the desk was always pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid the standard rooms. 1st floor rooms will get noise from people staying on 2nd floor. Wood fl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael M

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stay here every year. It is the perfect place to stay in Maggie Valley by far. A special thanks to Carol and her staff. They are very kind, helpful with supplies, rooms are very clean and Motorcycle friendly. Carol is a Gem. She treats us all like her family every year. We love you Carol!! Can't wait to see you next year!

Room Tip: Creekside rooms are wonderful, you can hear the creek flowing from your room, it adds to the relaxa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Penny W
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Motorcycle friendly place. We always stay here if rooms are available. Great place with a central location. Walking distance to store and great breakfast place. We always try and get 1st floor creek side so we can open the windows at night and listen to the water. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Love first floor creek side!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alicia_704528
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Road to Maggie Valley for the Memorial Day Weekend. We were lucky to find a room at the Creekside Lodge. We have never stayed there before and was pleasantly surprise. Good value - rooms clean, staff helpful, motorcycle friendly, centrally located on the main road. We will certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PJ S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Once again the Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge extended warm welcome and an excellent stay. Carol and her entire staff made our stay as good as it could be. Will stay there again in July when we travel with our motorcycle group. The Creekside Lodge is very motorcycle friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grady R
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I rode the bike to Maggie valley to see the wheels through time museum and made no reservations ,even though we planned to stay somewhere for the night then go to the museum the next morning. Found creek side inn online and just dropped in. We were quickly and kindly accommodated . We received a creek side room that was clean neat and very comfy. The balcony was divided from the other balconies on either side. While there was no smoking allowed in the rooms it was allowed out on the balcony. The view and sound of the creek was pleasant and relaxing. We may come back again just to spend a few getaway days at this delightful establishment. Thanks carol!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mack M
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this gem in the heart of Maggie Valley. My husband and I stayed in the upstairs jacuzzi room during Memorial Day weekend. The room was huge with a "private" balcony (separated from our neighbor's by latticework) overlooking the creek and a fire pit, and a jacuzzi tucked into the corner a few steps from the bed. The room was clean and modern. Our stay was very relaxing; the location is perfect; and the employees are friendly. We will definitely be staying here, again. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: We noticed that some of the rooms facing the creek had doors to their balconies, while others had sl...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple