“Awesome!”

Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are part of a motorcycle riding group that has a reunion in a different location each year and this year we were fortunate enough to have had it at the Creekside Lodge. We just left there after spending four nights and five days in the Maggie Valley area. The facility was spotless, very affordable, and was right in the middle of some really great riding. Carol and the staff was courteous, professional, friendly, and made us feel right at home as if we were regular visitors. The rooms were very clean and must be well insulated. We couldn't hear any outside noise and was able to sleep as late as we wanted. Our room was on the ground floor and had a balcony that opened up to the beautifully shaded back yard that had a creek with rushing water that was soooo peaceful. There were picnic tables and fire pits all along the creek that were very inviting. All in all, we had an excellent time and I would highly recommend the Creekside Lodge to anyone looking for clean, affordable lodging in the Maggie Valley area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The title says it all. We spent 4 great nights at the Creekside. Carol and the staff went above and beyond the call with the group I was with. It is hard to please a multifaceted group such as mine, but I dont think I heard a negative word from one person. The group was about 50 strong. The rooms were spotless. The fire pits were enjoyed by all. A REAL coffee pot in the room, not a baby machine. Maybe the only negative was the pool was too cold. Since it is covered, it could do with a bit of heat. No matter on the pool, I cant wait to be a guest again at the Creekside.

• Stayed August 2014
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Carol and the Creekside Lodge staff went over the top to accommodate our group. The facility was perfect. The rooms were spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable. The grounds were spotless. The staff was courteous, professional, truly motorcycle friendly. The area overlooking the creek was really nice. We look forward to staying with you again.

Thank you Carol and staff for making our extended family feel at home!

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartment is perfect if you need two rooms. The full kitchen and living room are gr...
1 Thank Rick Y
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This privately owned roadside motel served as a last minute retreat for us. We made same day reservations for a little under $100. We were given the last of two rooms, so we were not surprised when our room did not have a balcony. It did have a short front porch with a seating area. The room was clean and set right off the road in Maggie Valley less than a mile away from city center with quaint shops and dining. The bed was very comfortable, and it looked like they rooms had been recently remodeled. We walked out back to see the creek and were met with a calm flowing river edged with trees, with plenty of seating, grilling and bon-fire areas. We noticed that all the Creekside rooms had balconies overlooked the water and had trellis separating each patio unit for plenty of privacy. Each balcony had a set of two rocking chairs.
There were plenty of motorcycles in the lot, but it didn't seem to bother us as we slept soundly until almost 11am! We definitely got the rest and relaxation we were looking for. If we were in the area again, we would definitely stay at the Maggie Valley Creekside Inn.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank RunforLife75
Sound Beach, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

As a rule I only stay in chain hotels..so glad I gave MV Creekside Lodge a try....Carol and her lovely establishment don't disappoint! Everything from the spacious room size, spotless accomodations
to the wonderful views make for a great stay...Do yourself a favor and look no further for a great time in Maggie Valley!

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a "creekside" room
1 Thank one766
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Maggie Valley is a favorite destination from childhood. Since the Abbey Inn closed (which was the best place to stay in the valley) I have been at a loss on where to stay. I knew peak season rates would be a shock but I pulled into the Creekside Lodge as it was pleasant looking with a mid-valley view of the mountains. A very pleasant young woman checked me in. I chose a standard room for $70 and made the mistake of not looking at the room first--a huge mistake when trying a new place. When we went into the room, it was, at best a walk-in closet and a dark one at that. I simmered for a few minutes and returned to the office where the young lady informed me they did not refund monies but asked if I would like to see a creek-side room for $10 more. She walked with me to see the room which was much better--not great--but much better. It had 2 double-beds and enough room to walk around and the bathroom was big enough to turn around in. The tub was uncomfortable and very slippery to stand in while showering--an older traveler could easily slip. I can't say the beds were not comfortable because they were. The outside balcony looking onto the creek was pleasant and we sat out there for a good while. I can't say it was noisy during the night because it wasn't. I just don't feel like I got good value for my money. No kleenex tissue dispenser and the shampoo and lotion samples were dollar store quality. Lesson learned--if I am going to spend $90 for a room, I'll stay at a chain hotel. I try to stay at mom and pop places when I travel for personal reasons. Avoid those standard rooms if you are claustrophobic! The young lady at the desk was always pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid the standard rooms. 1st floor rooms will get noise from people staying on 2nd floor. Wood fl...
2 Thank Michael M
Ashland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stay here every year. It is the perfect place to stay in Maggie Valley by far. A special thanks to Carol and her staff. They are very kind, helpful with supplies, rooms are very clean and Motorcycle friendly. Carol is a Gem. She treats us all like her family every year. We love you Carol!! Can't wait to see you next year!

Room Tip: Creekside rooms are wonderful, you can hear the creek flowing from your room, it adds to the relaxa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends