“Amazing trip through time”

Wheels Through Time Transportation Museum
Blythewood, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing trip through time”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I went with my girlfriend and I was simply amazed at how much history is in this building there's several old army bikes there they also have several early bikes I even was given a ride in a side car of a 1947 bike when I asked the owner. The people who run it are all nice folks as well

1 Thank Lazersc24

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Fabulous museum and a wonderful experience.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We spent approximately four hours walking through and still did not see everything. I had never been to a museum where the owner and his son would start a bike up to let you hear what it sounded like.

A truly memorable time that will be repeated soon I hope.

1 Thank Ppaintguy
Brighton, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“What's in the Barn is now in this Museum!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My motorcycle enthusiast husband and I (a novice to the sport, but a great lover of history) made the pilgrimage to Maggie Valley to this beyond incredible museum. Dale Walksler and his son Matt happened to be there, and greeted us warmly as if we were family that just stopped over for a visit. This collection is so unique in many ways: everything works/runs (and Matt even fired up a circa 1920 Henderson for us to hear) and most everything has the patina of age and history. The motorcycles here (and a few cars) are so unique and rare - and Matt, Dale, and Joe and another Joe were there to talk to us about the bikes, the history, the mechanics - just about anything. Matt in particular was so very kind - and grateful that visitors come to the museum. I cannot say enough good things about the collection, the staff, and the enjoyment we both had at this museum.

3 Thank Alicia B
Albany, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Trip Back In Time”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The displays in this museum are so well done that you actually feel yourself as if you are right there in that era of time. The very rare motorcycles are amazing and it is hard to believe that there are so many under one roof. The museum staff are top notch people and very well informed on the motorcycles on display. To see this many American made "bikes" makes one wish for the old days when almost every product we encountered in our daily lives was made in the good ole USA. I really enjoyed three hours of motorcycles and could have stayed longer, but I had to get back on the road.

2 Thank Tommy R
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“knuckleheads”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I visited Wheels Thru Time in mid Oct,having seen Whats In The Barn back Home in Madison,Wi.I was fortunate to meet Matt and have a one to one chat.I told him I learned to ride at age 16(Im 70)on a 1947 74 knuvklehead.Matt said he espcially likes knuckleheads and likes the foot cluch/hand shift setup because he can ride and hold a coffee cup.I told Matt:This is what heaven looks like and sounds like and you live in it".Id like to go back and spend more time there.Its one of a kind.

Visited October 2013