“HOME AWAY FROM HOME !!!!!”

Chalet Motel & Apartments
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Welcoming, friendly, and accommodating! Absolutely cannot beat the quality of cabin, hospitality, cleanliness and accommodations! If you ever go to Maggie Valley and need a spotless, wonderful Motel, then this is the place. Wonderful hospitality and beautiful rooms with recliners, fireplaces, kitchens, a hot tub and much more. You feel like your at home not in a motel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresea W

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The owners, Chip and Julie are great as well as Patti. Very nice and so accommodating. The rooms are super clean and definitely have a "homey" feel. Our room had a full kitchen and separate living area and a porch which looked out onto the grassy common area complete with a gas grill and fire pit! You really don't feel like you are in a hotel. Sitting out on the porch in the morning/evening was wonderful. Was made to feel like a guest in their home! Already have reservations to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Welcoming, friendly, and accommodating! Absolutely cannot beat the quality of cabin, hospitality, cleanliness and accommodations! Outdoor fire pit/ hot tub combo tops off the 5 star cabin and view! Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We rented the upstairs apartments together (9&10) with my sister-in-law and my in-laws had unit 1 right below us. I was very pleased with our stay. The decor is about like your grandmas house but by far the cleanest, most relaxing place we have stayed in MV. Owners live on site, the grounds were BEAUTIFUL, and the housekeeper was nice. You aren't going to find an indoor pool or continental breakfast here but there is a hot tub, patios/balconies and the view is spectacular. You're up a hillside far from the traffic noise and bike revving. Our apartment was very spacious, had a real kitchen, wood burning stove, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Rates are average with MV properties. I'd like to return and rent the cottage (11).

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank CottonLily
Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you ever go to Maggie Valley and need a spotless, wonderful Motel, then this is the place. Wonderful hospitality and beautiful rooms with recliners, fireplaces, kitchens, a hot tub and much more. It's everything you need to make your vacation fantastic. My thanks to our hostess and the housekeeping staff. We were warmly welcomed by Monica when we arrived and were so impressed with the room (#6) and the surroundings. Each room had a private patio overlooking the green grass in the back yard. We had a fireplace (didn't use because it's July), two recliners, a kitchen (stocked with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, sugar, half and half. It was just the ticket when you haven't unpacked yet and need a break. The rooms were absolutely spotless and the mattress fantastic (I wish I knew what kind, I want one like that for me).

My Dad is 91 years old and sleeps in a recliner at home, what a pleasure to find a motel with two recliners (instead a desk chair like I usually find) and two queen beds and still have plenty of room to walk around. The rooms were huge.

I highly recommend The Chalet Motel and Apts to anyone traveling to Maggie Valley. It can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tazlady397
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Love this place very very clean and felt right at home.my husband son and i went for a weekend end trip stayd in the whole top floor very clean and lots of room. owners are very nice sweet people.would love just to sit and talk to them.really love it there.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ctownrogers
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took a spontaneous trip to NC and stumbled across the Chalet online. We could not have been happier with the find. We checked in on a Saturday night and the owner was more than welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, cozy and felt like home. There was hot chocolate and popcorn in our room which was a nice welcoming touch and there is also a laundry room on premises. I wish we could have stayed longer but we will most certainly be back. Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2012