“Elk Crossing Delivered”
Front porch - My favorite!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front porch - My favorite!
View from front porch
Sideyard w/firepit
View during Fall Foliage
Master Bedroom - King
Master Bedroom (view 2)
Master Bathroom
Bedroom 2 - Twin top queen bottom
Full Bathroom 2
Hallway (Laudry room in closet to right)
Kitchen
Dining area
Living room area
Hot Tub
Rushing stream nearby
Our neighborhood pet #67
Neighborhood Elk walking on drive
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
arbo921
Winchester, Kentucky
“Withheld $50 of Deposit”
Reviewed 11 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The cabin was wonderful. I paid a $200 deposit and only got $150 back. According to the owner the toilet seat was broken in the master bath, a corona bottle with cigarette butts was left on the back porch and cigarette butts and a piece of plastic was in the fire pit. I admitted that our daughter had left the bottle on the back porch and had thrown butts into the fire pit.After the owner and I got done bickering back and forth she made the comment that she didn't believe me... I ask you why would a person admit to doing two out of three if they're lying.... We have been renting vacation homes for 20yrs plus and have never had a problem. There isn't anything in the contract about not putting butts in the fire pit. Plus I swept all the floors and the porch , washed all the dishes and put them up, cleaned all the countertops,did all the laundry except sheets which we were instructed not to do... I bet their cleaning crew didn't tell them about all the work I saved them from having to do!!!

Management Response
12 Aug 2017
Thank you again for renting and glad you liked the cabin. Since you mentioned this in a public forum, I feel its only fair to review the events for others to see as well, especially since you are our only negative review. As I mentioned to you on the phone, knowing you were upset, I was more than happy to have a discussion and work with you, but you verbally yelled at me which was totally unacceptable behavior. I never and would never, accuse anyone of lying which is why I mentioned I'd work with you and possibly return the money if you would discuss vs yell, but you wouldn't have that. A few points I'd like to address 1) I've been renting for 8 years and have had the same cleaning crew (a family) during that time. Never have had an issue with them & when one arose, they would call immediately which they did about the toilet seat. 2) The rental agreement clearly states that there is no smoking and no leaving trash behind in or around the property. You asked via phone if someone could smoke outside and I agreed as long as they were disposed of. 3) During the rental time period, you called very annoyed to say the fireplace wasn't working in which I answered that it is shut off during summer months as stated in agreement. You never brought up the toilet seat at that time or thereafter so I figured all was well. 4) a plumber costs $75/hour plus parts and I absorbed the additional cleaning and costs. 5) My neighbors just informed me that a truck was brought up with a large pull behind trailer for your motorcycles which tore up the gravel on road & driveway All the stacked rocks along the driveway have been pushed into the running creek along side driveway. Did not charge for that as well. In closing, while unfortunate, as you said prior to hanging up on me, we'll just have to "agree to disagree".
Jody A
DeLand, Florida
“Elk Crossing Delivered”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We had a wonderful time at Elk Crossing. Jen and Billy, the owners were wonderful. We planned many activities during the day and it was always nice to get back "home" to the cabin for a relaxing evening. The hot tub was an added bonus! The best part of all was seeing the wildlife...and we did see the elk!

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sue U
Independence, Virginia
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016

The cabin was awesome. It had lots of extras. We loved the fire pit. The beds were comfortable. Communication with the owner was excellent. Everything was even better than described. We did not see an elk this time but plan to book this same cabin again next year when the elk are in the low lands. We had a great time. I would highly recommend this cabin for peace and tranquility. Nice and secluded but not too far from everything you could need.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kathy F
Greenville, Virginia
“Relaxing and beautiful get away.”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This wonderful cabin was the perfect location for our much needed peaceful and relaxing vacation. It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas to give us the quiet relaxation of a mountain retreat and close enough to be able to enjoy everything the area has to offer. We will definitely return to this cabin again and have already recommended it to friends and family.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Secluded location and clean well equipped.
Liked least: The narrow road to get to the cabin.
Families with young children
347susano
Summerville
“Comfy Getaway!”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We went with another couple to the Maggie Valley area. The log cabin was perfect for two couples - two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Kitchen was well equipped and owner even had spices in the cabinet for our use! Although we did not use it, there was a fire pit with a stack of firewood . We did use the hot tub! The cabin was nestled on the side of a mountain and very secluded. The only negative was getting up the steep road to the cabin. Our friends were able to get there during the day and warned us of the steep road. We had to arrive in the dark and would not have found it had they not been there to guide us. Otherwise it's a great place to stay in the Maggie Valley area!

Travelling group: Friends
ldm847
Skokie, Illinois
“Cannot wait to return!”
Reviewed 15 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This cabin is wonderful. It has a marvelous view from the front porch. It is decorated like something you would see in a home decorating magazine. Very comfortable and relaxing vacation spot. Super clean and has everything you need.
There was a bull elk in the side yard as we pulled up!.
Highly recommend this property and fully intend to return there myself.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the porch.
Liked least: Nothing
Families with young children
Jena82
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Secluded Relaxing Mountain Retreat”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

My husband and I celebrated 3 peaceful nights at Elk Crossing for our anniversary. Our first impression of the cabin and surrounding area was delightful. The cabin is set in a secluded area with a beautiful rock walk in the back, side yard with fire pit, and a variety of trees that can be viewed from the gorgeous front porch. We enjoyed the sounds of nature and breathtaking mountain views from the porch and wooden bench swing in the side yard. Very relaxing! Also, after a day of hiking and exploring the hot tub was an added plus to come "home" to. (Side note: the owner doesn't charge a bunch of extra fees to utilize the entire cabin and hot tub. Many of the other cabins I came across during my search charged for hot tub use and had different pricing for using 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms) Elk Crossing has comfortable furnishings, an open concept, and feels like home. The area has easy access to US19 and the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Biltmore Estate is approximately a beautiful 45 minute drive away and several state parks within an hour's drive. We loved our time here and with so much more left to explore, we hope to return again to stay at Elk Crossing.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing