“Nice place”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Columbia, South Carolina
“Nice place”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The place was clean and weel maintained. The proprietors were very accommodating and friendly, which is high on my list. The location was within walking distance to several eating establishments, and salso to the fest grounds, which is a big plus. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For years we have been coming to Maggie Valley and walking past Castlewood Inn. Always looked like a nice place to stay, but instead we stayed at Microtel, for Reward points/breakfast, etc. Well, when they informed me they were now 100% non-smoking, I contacted Castlewood, and Attila returned my email within 30 mins. Answering all questions I had, so I booked a King Smoking room for summer Holiday weekends. When we arrived, check in was quick, Attila very friendly, and the room was very clean and comfortable, Wi-Fi was not an issue. Motorcycle weekend, and quite a few stayed at Castlewood, but quiet between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., which was nice. Glad we made the change, and now wish we had sooner!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saratoga7
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go to Maggie Valley for New Years celebration. We have been to Maggie Valley often and often have been disappointed. Not this time! The price was very reasonable, the room was very clean and comfortable. The owners were very polite and pleasant. Plus the view was beautiful. I think we finally found our place! We will definitely be coming back again and again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erik W
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at Castlewood. I chose this one because of the good reviews. I was going on a snowboarding trip at cattaloochee Ski Resort. When I arrived I met Linda & Attila who were gracious hosts. They were so helpful in finding all the local attractions directions to stores and anything else that I needed. The room was clean and the service was great. I recommend this inn if you can get the booking.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank amazingdaytrips
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is an older hotel, but clean. We stayed on the first floor and it looked like all the rooms were nonsmoking on this floor. Rooms had exterior doors. Also, our room had a coffee maker, humidifier, microwave, and mini fridge. Breakfast is not provided. This hotel attracts motorcyclists and their motorcycles tend to be loud very early in the morning and late at night. Our room rate was $75 per night which was reasonable for the location and age of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ofallon
Naples, Maine
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Castlewood is a little dated but a very good bang for your buck. the staff is very helpful and we would have no problem staying there again. The location is perfect to get around the valley as it close to everything.

Room Tip: We are non smokers but could only get a smoking room so I brought spray with me to keep the room sm...