“The creek behind the hotel was the best part.”

Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Wilmington, North Carolina
“The creek behind the hotel was the best part.”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here based on reviews that I read prior to booking. I understand that not all hotels are brand new and immaculate, but I was rather disappointed to walk into a room that smelled musty and old. The bathroom was very old looking and small. I will say that going out of the back door and down by the creek was fantastic. My son and I walked in it...it was freezing! We got a special rate even though we didn't qualify for it, and the staff was very nice. Next door at Hurley's the food is fantastic. Across the street at Joey's for breakfast is a MUST! Maggie Valley in general was a bit of a disappointment for us since Ghost Town has closed. I would not book here again due to my asthma and my daughter's health conditions.

Room Tip: Get a creek-side with screened in back porch.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 7 August 2011

-Nice little friendly motel on the creek. I specifically asked for a screened-in porch room and was assured I would get one. Well, we did, but the screens were totally missing on 2 of the 3 large panels of our porch, so we couldn't even sit out there and listen to the creek because of the bugs. We had the end room on the 2nd level, Room 204. When I checked out, I mentioned to the woman at the desk (same one we made the reservation with) that our screens were missing. All she said was Really? Sorry. I don't call that good customer service.

The koi pond was nice. Breakfast across the street at Joey's was okay food but very good service. Next door for dinner at Hurley's was good, but not great.

Room Tip: Make sure the screens really exist if you ask for a screene-in porch room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Hi,
I want to apologize for your screened in porch. Just before your stay we had some storm damage and the screens and some trim work around them. We were not able to repair it at the time so we cut out the panels that were badly damaged. Upon your checkout they were repaired. I want to apologize for the fact that it was not communicated to you. A notation on your reservation had been made to tell you about the problem but we failed to follow up properly. We are addressing the way we handle the situation. I was not aware of you not knowing about it until I read your review. I have instructed Alice our Manager to send you out a gift certificate in the hopes that you will allow us to have another opportunity to earn your business in the future.
Jeff Smith/ owner
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Second time staying here...first time over 10 years ago...same great place and friendly staff with clean rooms. Creek in back has great setup!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank stylinkaren
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Believe me, I looked them over and this is truly a gem. You can't beat it for the amenities and price. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean. quiet and comfortable. There's fresh coffee and/or sweet tea available all day in the lobby along with a quiet sitting area where you can read, watch tv, play cards or just sit and talk. There's rocking chairs in front of your room and on a deck behind the buildings where you can also sit on a swing and relax and watch and listen to the creek rush by. They were very motorcycle friendly, and family oriented. Joey's Pancake house across the street is awsome for breakfast!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MotorcycleTraveler42
Beautiful N Georgia Mountains
Reviewed 13 June 2011

No kidding....the temps were 10 degrees cooler up there mid-day than down towards Atlanta metro. Was a pleasant relief from the early hot spell of our premature summer. If you go there, request one of their creekside rooms with screened porches. Don't forget that Joey's pancake house is just across the street for breakfast!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NorthGAbiker
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Nothing but good things to say. Not the Ritz but for $55.00 a night WOW what a value! Creek side rooms are the best. Have breakfast across the street at Joey's it is great! Skip Hurley's next door for dinner is you are a foodie.

Room Tip: Creek Side if you can get it
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ERPalmer
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Just a short trip to the Smokies and to Cataloochee Valley, The Jonathan Creek Inn is a must stay. I recommend getting a room with a screened in porch if you enjoy the fresh air that the mountains of Western North Carolina has to offer.

The sounds and view of Jonathan Creek are wonderful. After spending our days hiking in the Smokies, sitting on our private porch at the end of a day with a cold beverage and listening to the creek running by cannot be topped.

Hurleys restaurant next door offers casual dinning with a full menu. From burgers to steaks, fish to chicken at reasonable prices. Plus, a nice wine and beer selection and a full bar.

Joey's Pancake house across the street is a great place for breakfast. With just about anything you can think of is on their menu. Their prices are also very reasonable. Both places are a very short walk away. So, no need to load up the car to go out to eat.

If I had to say anything a little negative about the Jonathan Creek Inn, some might consider the rooms a little small. We had no issue with this. However, if we had a couple of little ones? I could see it being a tad small. We didn't come to Maggie Valley or the Smokey Mountains to sit in a Hotel room.

Bottom line. We had a clean comfortable room with very lovely beds. All the amenities we needed. The back screened in porch was perfect. Location couldn't be beat. And the price was very reasonable. Highly recommended. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
The Clarketon Motel
The Clarketon Motel
#13 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas? Share your experiences!