“charming”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Pontiac, Illinois
“charming”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Wonderfully clean and charming inn. The mountain view in the front of the inn and the brook in the back. The pool is great and the public hot tub is in a second screened in area overlooking the brook. There is also washer/dryer and vending machine area.
A very nice town and a very nice place to stay. Recommended!

Room Tip: A second story room with a screened-in porch is highly recommened :)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelly M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Sarasota, Floirida
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The motel is nice and clean, well kept. The lobby is very nice with coffee and tea all day and books and games. But what really puts this Inn over the top is the creek right behind the rooms. We got a room with a screened-in porch overlooking a rushing, rippling mountain stream, about 30 feet from the room. The area around the creek is nicely landscaped and has swing sets, picnic tables, etc. to sit out by the creek. And the best part is that the temperature by the creek stayed nice all day, even when it got hot out in front. The whole creek area is shaded by huge trees and the water in the creek is quite cold. We spent most of our time there just sitting on the porch or in a swing, reading and listening to the rushing waters. Highly recommend if you want a place to really chill out and relax. Restaurant next door also has tables right on the creek and good food. Note: some rooms do not have a creek view so be sure to ask what view you are getting. But every room has access to the creek, whether your room has a view or not ,and most do have a view.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DaveSarasota
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The room is very well decorated and welcoming. We loved being able to look out over the creek and hearing the rushing water. Property is very clean and neat as well. Indoor pool, vending & games, a parlor with games and tables. Very well done!

3 Thank dmcdowell
Dublin, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We started up to Cherokee but decided to go on to Maggie Valley instead. A billboard outside of town told of the Inn so we decided to stop there. What a great find! We had a lovely creek-side room, complete with a porch. Rain that night turned the babbling creek into a rushing torrent, but that was a plus. The room was clean without that "motel-room" smell. The bed was comfortable; the bathroom was spotless. The office staff gave great recommendations for dining. Overall, the experience was wonderful, and we definitely want to return!I
I almost forgot: I left my camera in the room upon check-out. When I called to inquire, the staff had found it, and they sent it back to me.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gibbs09
Long Beach, NY
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Just returned from Maggie Valley. We had group of 20+ people celebrating a 50th bdy. We flew in from all over. Originally I had rented a hotel room in Cherokee. Reason being, I have worked for Marriott Hotels for almost 10 years now and prior to that with Crowne Plaza hotels for 20 years so I am use to the hotel services and amenities. Have never stayed in a non-brand facility before. My family convinced me to stay at the villa with them. I have to say, I have no regrets. Everythng was super clean! immediately felt like "home". I'm crazy about clean bathrooms and these bathrooms past the test! we had a great time. Thank you to Alice who helped me from start to finish. Perfect place for any occasion! feel free to contact me if any questions. I would definetely go back!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in villa 1 and villa 2. villa 2 is perfect for a large family
3 Thank rosa840
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stopped in Maggie Valley for a one night stay on our way home from the beach. We had never been to Maggie Valley so really weren't sure where to stay. After finding Jonathan Creek on the internet we decided to give it a try. We were very pleasantly surprised and pleased! Maggie Valley reminds me of what Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg might have looked like 40 - 50 years ago. Lots of little older style hotels, shops and restaurants but most everything seems pretty well kept. This hotel was no exception. It's older but in very nice condition. I'm guessing they've undergone renovation within the past few years. The views of the mountains from the front door and window of our room were beautiful. There was also a screened in back porch on our room with a beautiful, peaceful view of the creek and trees just behind the hotel. The door to the patio had a small sliding screened window that we left open all night to hear sounds of the creek. The room itself was basic but very clean and had a small fridge. Despite having been at the beach for a week, the kids couldn't wait to hit the indoor pool as soon as we arrived. The pool was small but very clean and adequate. All of the staff we encountered were very polite and friendly, especially the housekeeper who we randomly encountered on the way out the next morning. Karen even offered to help carry our bags downstairs. Joey's Pancake House is directly across the street and we enjoyed a nice breakfast there also. Overall, we had a very enjoyable experience for our first time in Maggie Valley. We are now considering a weekend trip there and will definitely stay again at Jonathan Creek Inn.

3 Thank CTip011
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I love this hotel but the towels they supply are as close to sandpaper as you can get. I really wish they would invest a little and supply nicer linens.
This is a clean, well decorated, comfortable hotel with beautiful grounds. I could sit in the rocking chairs and watch the creek for hours. I have stayed here many times and will most likely return, hoping they upgrade the towels.

• Stayed June 2012
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thanks for your review. We make constant changes and adjust our standards according to many of the comments that we receive. Marianne and I will look into the towels. We use the same towel standard as Hamptons and Holiday Inn Expresses do, however we have been very unhappy with our laundry chemical supplier. I am not sure if it is a result of the laundry chemicals or the towels themselves. But we will investigate it further! We hope you continue to patronize our hotel as we sincerely appreciate you staying with us. You have many choices and we want to earn your business each and every time. We hope you have a great summer and look forward to your next stay with us.