“Creekside!”

Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is my favorite place to stay when going through Maggie Valley. The Inn sits beside a creek and the rooms open up to the creek which provides a restful sound and relaxing environment. The rooms are simple but clean. However, due to the Inn surrounding the parking lot it can be noisy at times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is creek side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 10discovery

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We came through the National Park and stopped here before our drive on the Blue Ridge Highway. We didn't get to our room until dinner time. Room was roomy and had a back door outside by the river. Everything was clean and comfortable. The next morning my husband and I were able to enjoy the deck over the river. We got coffee and hot chocolate from the office and sat out over the river while enjoying our breakfast (which was leftovers from the plentiful dinner at Frankie's the night before). Would have loved to have spent more time relaxing by the river but had to get on with our road trip.

Room Tip: Some rooms have screened in porches. Our did not and I would recommend spending the extra money for...
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I stayed last week at the Jonathan Creek Inn in Maggie Valley during the motorcycle ralley and had a wonderful stay. The hotel rooms are big, clean and ours had both a jacuzzi and fireplace. A relaxing, peaceful place to stay.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

My husband and I stopped here for the night on our way to Gatlinburg, Tenn for a few days. We just loved it. We had the handicapp room which was perfect for him because of some health issues. We could walk to breakfast the next morning. The room was very clean and the bed slept really good. We plan to go back tto Jonathan Creek soon!

Room Tip: If you need special assistance they are more than happy to accomdate if possible. The handicapp bat...
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to Tennessee. We arrived without reservations, but selected the Jonathan Creek Inn based on other Tripadvisor reviews and I was not dissapointed. The double room we recieved was on the second floor with a creek view. While not an issue for us, note to others who may care that there is no elevator or interior hallways at this establishment. The beds were very comfortable and room nicely laid out and appointed. Unfortunately, the weather was rainy, so we did not use the deck access off the room, but opening the window on the back door allowed the restful sound of rushing water to lull us to sleep that night. The desk clerk was very helpful offering a fantastic suggestion for dinner and also recommending a better parking space than where I had initially stopped due to concerns about the children using the playground and the safety of my car.

The parking area is small so finding a spot on an end or away from others is difficult, but the rest of the guests seemed to be car/ bike enthusiats like us or the very least, better mannered than the average shopping mall denizen. Other than the kids running up and down the covered balcony upon our return from dinner, we had no complaints and I would not hesitate to choose the Jonathan Creek Inn again for future stays.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SBCm0m
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My hubby and I stayed last week at the Jonathan Creek Inn in Maggie Valley and had a wonderful stay. The hotel rooms are big, clean and some have a screened in porch overlooking Jonathan Creek. What a wonderful, peaceful place to make your vacation stay. The office staff were welcoming, friendly and eager to allow you to look at their rooms. Would recommend all our friends/family to stay there and enjoy the peace and serenity.

3  Thank GTFournier
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The rooms were extremely clean! The bed was very comfy and we even used their pillows for sleeping instead of our own. The staff was helpful and pleasant and the grounds were immaculate. You can tell that a lot of money and effort was put into the landscaping around the creek. Speaking of the creek, our room had a screened in porch and we could see and hear the rushing of the water. If we stepped out of our porch and walked about 10 feet, a swing was available to sit and relax in (another swing is located directly next to the creek) and a deck with several chairs are there as well. I should also mention that there are outside grills available and makes for a great cookout in the woods beside a creek! My husband and I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: I would suggest the creek side screened in room. We stayed in room 106 (one king sized bed)
1  Thank Michelle G
Ramada Maggie Valley
#7 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn

Been to Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas? Share your experiences!