“Nice place to stay in Maggie Valley”

Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Cary, North Carolina
“Nice place to stay in Maggie Valley”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here for just one night after a few days in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Inn is about 30 minutes from the park entrance. We called ahead since we were arriving around 10 pm. The front desk does close at night. Staff was more than willing to accommodate us if we were running late. Our room was CLEAN and COMFORTABLE! It was updated and nicely decorated. There were nice decks on the front and back of the Inn. The deck expands in the back of the property, so you can sit outside and enjoy the rushing creek. The alarm clock in the room next to ours went off just after midnight. I was hesitant to call the front desk, but did want to get some sleep! My call was answered promptly. The front desk attendant was still finishing up and I was told the alarm would be turned off shortly. He was apologetic and told me to call if there were any other issues. I would recommend staying here if you are planning a trip to Maggie Valley.
There is a great pancake house for breakfast, Joey's, right across the street. If you do arrive late, stop for food before arriving in Maggie Valley. There were no restaurants open on a Sunday night. We had to drive about 15 minutes to the next town to grab a late night bite to eat.

Room Tip: The Inn does not have an elevator, so book a first floor room if stair climbing is an issue.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us at The Jonathan Creek Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We do apologize for the alarm clock in the adjacent room going off. We have already reminded our staff to check them each and every time they do a room check out.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to enjoy our beautiful mountains.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We love going to Jonathan Creek. While it is right on the main road in Maggie Valley, there is a rushing creek in the back of the hotel with lots of comfortable seating. We love to just sit by the creek. The rooms are very nice. We booked a room with a hot tub and fireplace. It also had a couch. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is located about 30 miles from Cherokee, so we usually take a trip over there to Harrah's Casino
We love Jonathan Creek!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I just returned from a very enjoyable stay at Jonathan Creek Inn. The room was spotless, the bed was so comfortable and my little private screened in porch overlooking the creek was the icing on the cake. This was an "escape" trip and this oasis in the valley was just the place to escape. It was private, quiet and so cozy.

There are a number of beautiful settings along side the creek to sit in the sun or shade and just relax with a book or some great company!

I'm in the hospitality business and the attitude and hospitality is where I will nit-pick where ever I go. The staff here genuinely impressed me. When checking in, I asked Keith if I could have a first floor room as I have had some back issues lately and without an elevator, didn't was to fight with my luggage. He checked, and apologetically told me he didn't have a first floor room. I told him I could manage, no big deal. When I was unloading my car, Keith appeared at my side insisting on carrying up my bags!

Both housekeepers I chatted with were very friendly and sincere. On my departure day, Karen, my housekeeper had all of my things down to my car before I could bat an eye without me ever asking for a thing.

I will return to this charming gem in Maggie Valley very soon!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and heard very little from other rooms or exterior traffic even though I w...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sheri A
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed in Maggie Valley while cruising the mountains by motorcycle. The bed was comfortable, hot tub so relaxing and the staff was super friendly. There was also convenient with near by restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina F
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My family and I have been visiting Maggie Valley for over 25 years. We stay once every three to four months. It's a time honored tradition and a central area for all of us to get together. We have used Janathan Creek as our home-away-home. We've also grown through all the personnel changes along with new updates to the facilities just as the Inn has changed. My family has always enjoyed their stay. But there is one major change that has occured and that is the attitude of the management.
You are no longer treated as a family member. I was a patron that verbally refers others to the area, but now I'm just a number. We were scheduled to stay a weekend and had to cancel for an emergency surgery. Paper work could be provided as per the doctors orders, to the hotel. The staff was very curteous and tried working with us. However, the manager would never return our calls or correspond with the staff to let us know about the cancellation. We didn't get to stay at the hotel, but got billed for the stay. This shows me that it's not about family atmosphere, but strictly about your money. With this attitude, it appears that my families tradition will change. There are other inns in the area that are willing to work with their patrons.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank flightmedic43
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Hi,
We are very disappointed with the fact that we let you down on a personal level. Sometimes we fail to meet someones expectations with a physical aspect of the hotel, and that is usually much easier to accept. It is most likely my fault and not the fault of my staff at all, for not getting back to you. Unfortunately life brings a lot of challenges for all of us, and my time of challenges has definitely been these last few months. I have on an email through this site, given you my phone number to call me to see if we can discuss the problems you encountered and see if we can set them right.
We do appreciate you staying with us at every level and hope you give us the opportunity to show it to you in the future.
Jeff Smith
Owner
Lindale, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2013

As you have probably noticed, I have reviewed this Inn several times. Although My Wife and I have stayed at other locations in the area, we have never been able to find a location that even compared to Jonathan Creek. The staff are like long time friends and so are most of the other guests. The Inn is kept in Superior Condition. The Grounds behind the Inn next to the creek are kept spotless. Even the Parking lot looks new every time we arrive. The wonderful staff in the Front Office go out of their way to provide you with anything possible. We usually have other couples that travel with us and we use the grills next to the creek. The Front Desk have furnished us with many cooking tools that we had forgotten. Next door is Hurley's Restaurant & Rhum Bar. The food here is outstanding. Across the street is Joey's Pancake House. You will never find a better place to stay in the area. One final thought, I have never stayed at any Motel, Hotel, or Inn that you could not hear someone either above or beside your room that you couldn't hear. I carry a cheap set of earplugs from Wal-Mart everywhere I travel and I don't hear any noise.

Room Tip: The Ground Floor Rooms w/Screened Poarch.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We used the stay and ski package at this inn. The staff was warm and friendly. It is a family run business. We stayed in a room and not the villa. The room was clean and had everything we needed for our vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family