Landscaping was lovely and the place has charm. Gentleman at check in was very pleasant and helpful. The pool was clean and a great retreat for the kids, who felt cramped in the smallish room (I'd seen pics and was ok with this). I, too, wish there had been pool towels. When questioning a staff member before our visit, I was told that there had been measures taken to prevent smoke from rising up to the upper porches (I'd read about this issue in prior reviews). Well, these measures are just not working. I couldn't enjoy the tranquility of the neat little porch at all. Couldn't open up the back door to let in cool air when the air conditioner wasn't cooling the room well (it worked, but not well, and did not constitute an emergency after the office had closed). Smoke came in the front door at times, too, as neighbors were smoking out there. I recommend smoking be permitted on the middle rear decks only. Of course, that then prevents us non-smokers from enjoying that space - but we'll compromise to enjoy the rooms and amenities we paid for. The room was very clean and had a nice TV. Pretty laminate floors. Parking was tight for trucks, SUVs, and motorcycle trailers. You can't please everyone. We were satisfied, but unless a new smoking policy is put in place, we are unlikely to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fabulous property with great mountain views and an unbelievable creekside settings. Rooms with lots of decks, some with Hot Tubs, fireplaces. Refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers all rooms. All rooms recently renovated. Villas/cabins that sleep from 2-18. Fully Equipped with everything you need, plus your own hot tub! Outdoor public hot tub overlooking the creek, Indoor pool. Children's playground. Best location for skiing and being centrally located to all of the areas attractions. Try one of our wonderful creekside rooms with your own private screened porch. Gazebo, Picnic area, Trout stream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jonathan Creek Inn And Villas Hotel Maggie Valley
- Jonathan Creek Maggie Valley