Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Best Western Mountainbrook Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$91
Ramada Maggie Valley(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$76
Comfort Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$81
ComfortInn
Four Seasons Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$82
Chalet Motel & Apartments(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$150
Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$110
A Holiday Motel(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$89
Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$110
Five Star Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
US$73
The Clarketon Motel(Maggie Valley)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsscreened in porchjonathan creekjoey's pancake househot tubpicnic tablesindoor poolrocking chairsplace to stayhardwood floorsboard gamesback porchfirst floorrushing watervisiting maggie valleywould definitely stay here againroom was clean and comfortablelove this place
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I try to stay here every time we come to Maggey Valley. The staff is very courteous and helpful. The location by the creek is very nice and we love getting a creek side room so we can enjoy the sound in the evening. My wife and I are motorcyclists and the staff is very accommodating. The only negative I can think of is that you have to usually book rooms well in advance since it is so popular.

Room Tip: If available choose the creek side rooms. The gurgling creek sound is very relaxing
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hi,
We're glad you continue to stay with us on your visits to Maggie Valley. Our business is truly built on guests becoming "lifers".
Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wonderful mountain setting with excellent southern hospitality were the highlights of this location. The creek side seating out back was so peaceful and I really enjoyed my time just sitting there and enjoying the fresh mountain air.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi,
Thanks for writing a review. We're glad you enjoyed our wonderful creekside and beautiful mountains.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Landscaping was lovely and the place has charm. Gentleman at check in was very pleasant and helpful. The pool was clean and a great retreat for the kids, who felt cramped in the smallish room (I'd seen pics and was ok with this). I, too, wish there had been pool towels. When questioning a staff member before our visit, I was told that there had been measures taken to prevent smoke from rising up to the upper porches (I'd read about this issue in prior reviews). Well, these measures are just not working. I couldn't enjoy the tranquility of the neat little porch at all. Couldn't open up the back door to let in cool air when the air conditioner wasn't cooling the room well (it worked, but not well, and did not constitute an emergency after the office had closed). Smoke came in the front door at times, too, as neighbors were smoking out there. I recommend smoking be permitted on the middle rear decks only. Of course, that then prevents us non-smokers from enjoying that space - but we'll compromise to enjoy the rooms and amenities we paid for. The room was very clean and had a nice TV. Pretty laminate floors. Parking was tight for trucks, SUVs, and motorcycle trailers. You can't please everyone. We were satisfied, but unless a new smoking policy is put in place, we are unlikely to return.

Stayed: August 2014

Hi,
Thanks for writing your review. We did add solid ceilings between the screened in porches. Overall it seems to have solved the issue about 90 % of the time. We are meeting with our staff next week discussing our changes and upgrades for 2015. One of the issues will be revisiting this issue.
We hope you do decide to come back. If you do call us directly and we will do our best to make sure there are no smokers in your area.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything was very good but found a used towel from previous guest on back of bathroom door. Loved the quiet private screen porch attached to our room, had the pool to ourselves :-) Forgot item they mailed it COD. Nice place, more updates would be good

• Stayed: August 2014

Hi,
We're glad you enjoyed your visit. I apologize about the towel being left in the room. We have followed up with housekeeping on it.
Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

It’s hard to go against the grain, but having based my decision on choosing the Jonathan Creek Inn on all the stellar reviews, I have to leave my honest opinion.

Loved:

The front desk staff. They were courteous, friendly and welcoming.

The landscaping. The JCI is beautifully landscaped with gorgeous flowers, stone walkways and even a koi pond. Not to mention the lovely hanging ferns all over the place.

The alarm clock. What a cool thing to find an alarm clock with an iphone docking station. Neat!

Didn’t love:

No elevators. This isn’t mentioned on the website (that I could find) and had I known, I would have booked a room on the first floor as my mother is elderly and has trouble navigating stairs.

Pet friendly? This is something I avoid because of allergies. I didn’t see anything about JCI being pet friendly on their website and upon checking into our room I verified in their welcome book that they don’t allow pets. However, a few rooms down from us was a couple with a dog that the hotel staff was aware of. So pet friendly? Not?

Pool towels. There were none. We didn’t realize that until we had navigated the flight of stairs and went all the way across the parking lot to get to the pool. It would have been nice if the hotel staff had given us a heads up about that.

Hair dryer. It didn’t work. Looked pretty old. The reset button looked worn out and wouldn't press back in.

Laminate flooring. For our pool hopping family, it wasn’t practical at all. I kept having to towel dry drips and wet spots so somebody didn’t slip and fall.

Hot tub. I felt it was VERY small. Not exactly something I wanted to crawl into with a bunch of strangers. My sister got it in and said she had to take care with how she was sitting so she didn’t bump knees with the person sitting across from her.

Our room. It didn’t look like the pictures advertised on the website and it wasn’t clean. There was a big cobweb up in one corner. The nightstand and dresser area were noticeably dusty. There was a long strand of hair on the toilet when I first went in. The drywall in the bathroom was patched and spackled. The freezer section of the fridge had a LOT of ice built up and looked like it hadn't been defrosted in a very long time.

No kickboards under the bed. First hotel I’ve ever been to that didn’t have kickboards. We kept having to climb under them to retrieve stuff our kids had “lost”.

Air conditioner. It worked, but it did NOT cool the room. I set the air on high speed at 70 degrees and we left for two hours. We came back and the room was noticeably hot. We lowered the temp and observed. The air would come on full blast for a few minutes, then cut off automatically, even though we had it on high. It did this off and on thing the whole time we were there. It didn’t help that the table was pushed right up against the unit, blocking a portion of the cold air that did come out.

Observations:

Atmosphere. Lot’s of people sitting around in rocking chairs and around the property chatting, smoking and drinking. Not a lot of privacy.

No key cards here. We got two old fashioned sets of keys with our room number on them.

No breakfast.

Parking is tight. We went out for supper and came back to (luckily) nab the very last space available in the lot.

YMMV but based on the reviews here at TA, this place just wasn't what I expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have trouble climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WideRuled
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi,
I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We do appreciate you
staying with us and giving us a try. We believe we have a wonderful place and staff,
but if someone is expecting a five diamond luxury hotel we are not it. Both my partner and I owned and ran many different franchise hotels over the years and we bought this so we didn't have to be a typical hotel. We wanted a place with character, charm and a special family run atmosphere with a staff that cares and loves taking care of our guests.
We can't always meet every persons expectations but I believe we meet most peoples, especially those who aren't looking for a cookie cutter franchise type product.
We hope you have a good summer and thanks for writing your review.
Owner