“This was okay”

Ranked #14 of 43 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving Maggie Valley for 32 years, our family has been in the restaurant business since 1935 with over 20 restaurants (Manero's) both on the East coast and in south Florida. We are know for our succulent prime rib, steaks, Gorgonzola cheese salad as well as our French onion soup and homemade cheese sticks. We are a casual upscale steakhouse which also serves a variety of seafood, chicken, pork, pasta, salads and well as burgers and a variety of incredible appetizers. We have a full bar and serve dinner both in our lounge as well as our dining room. We also have a loft which seats 55 and a private banquet room which seats 25. In the summer and fall, we serve on our patio on weekends. We cater to groups of all sizes both at our establishment and in local parks, homes and a variety of settings and have done groups up to 1300. We love to serve families and have a kids section for children as well as two functioning trains which delight the young at heart in our dining room.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Four of us had dinner here. Our food ranged from ok to exceptional. The bruschetta was weird, the chicken parmesean was out of this world. The French onion soup was some of the best ever. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Just from driving up and down the main drag of Maggie Valley it appeared that this was one of the nicer restaurants. Our group of six had no problem being seated on a Tuesday evening. We were in the large dining area on one side of the building. On the other side was a large bar area with booths for eating. The restaurant had nice decorations placed all around. The knotty pine paneling was attractive. We had tablecloths and cloth napkins. I felt that the menu didn't offer a big selection entrees but it was adequate. Entrees came with bread, salad and one side. Among the six of us we ordered four different entrees. Most everyone commented that their food was good. I enjoyed my pork chop but didn't care for the sauce that covered it. Had I known I would have asked for a plain pork chop. Even with our larger group the service was fast and good. I though the prices were a bit high.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Just thought my wife and I would visit this restaurant and boy were we shocked... the prices were outrageous for the food... we both got a salad, I got a side of mashed potatoes (they were cold), and a side of chicken strips (6) which cost us $40... the salad was big enough for 2 people... the service was ok and the room was somewhat dark... this was the first and LAST time we go here....

1  Thank wendellmccarty54
donnatm, Owner at J. Arthur's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Honestly, I find your review outrageous and dishonest. Many of our diners have two complete meals for under $32 including salad, entree and side.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Overpriced and service was not up to par. Slow and waited 25 minutes for two glasses of wine! Was my wife's birthday and we were hoping for a great meal and were very disappointed.

1  Thank runnermike55
Donnatml, Manager at J. Arthur's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

I'm sorry you felt your experience was slow and not worth the money. We've been serving 300 and more people on some nights so our apologies for slow service. Most of our customers are delighted with food, service and prices and we always strive to make any problem right if you inform us of it. In addition, if we know of special events we go out of our way to make the person feel special on their big day.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Upon walking in, I noticed it was very dark and the decor was definitely interesting. As an appetizer we ordered the bruschetta, which was good but a little heavy on the tomato. I ordered the bone-in ribeye and it was flavorful and cooked perfectly. My boyfriend ordered the New York strip & topped it with blue cheese crumbles, was cooked perfectly and was delicious. Someone else in our party ordered the trout with tomato jam, was delicious and definitely recommended, the flavors compliment each other perfectly. Someone else ordered the ribs, which looked fantastic.. falling off the bone and covered in bbq sauce. For desert I ordered the sundae which was vanilla bean ice cream, hot fudge, whip cream & a cherry (simple and delicious) my table also ordered key lime pie, and classic New York cheesecake which both lacked flavor. Not enough lime in the key lime pie, and the cheesecake just wasn't rich enough. But overall this restaurant was a good experience, our waiter was very informative and attentive. If I ever go back to Maggie Valley, I'd probably go back even though their prices are a little high.