“wonderful thanksgiving”

Creekwood Village Resort
union sc
“wonderful thanksgiving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

me and family stayed in cabin one which was wonderful nice and clean we stay with sonya very often we had a very nice time during the week of thanksgiving. will be going back soon this is our second home and sonya is part of our family see u soon with lots of love

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our family had two cabins during the Thanksgiving holiday. Unknown to us, the owner's daughter and family reside in Cabin #2, we had #3&5.
While our family was out for the day, I remained in the other cabin and noticed the daughter roaming around the other occupied cabins. When our family returned we discovered someone had entered #3 with a key and removed prescription medication and other personal items( Christmas presents just purchased). The owner confirmed she has had problems with her daughter. The local Deputy Sheriff also confirmed previous similiar problems. The Deputy advised she has never been prosecuted due to victims not desiring to return several weeks or months later to testify. The cabins are nice but the atmosphere is terrible.

I'm going to follow up with the Chamber of Commerce and Sheriff's Department.

Ron

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ricky B
sonjamichels, Owner at Creekwood Village Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I was extremely upset over this incident. I offered to reimburse the clients for the items that were missing. They declined my offer.
I am not aware of any other client ever reporting a theft to law enforcement.
My property had held the # 1 position on Tripadvisor for a long time, until this review.
I try extremely hard to make my clients stay here enjoyable. I am sorry for this incident.
Sonja Michels
Owner/operator
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at Creekwood and it wont be my last.Had a wonder time there.The cabin was clean and nice.Sonja was great in the needs that we had.The Hill Billy Woodstock was at the fairgrounds that weekend and we had a blast.I HIGHLY recommend Creekwood Cabins.Thank you Sonja for a great stay.See you soon.

Room Tip: I have stayed in cabin 3 and 6..both were gr8t.3 with 2 bedrooms and 6 with 3 bedrooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gary b
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary this past weekend. We were also there for the WNC BBQ festival. We could not have chosen a better place to stay for both occasions. The out door area and the cabins are very well kelp. We will plan to return soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank K L
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We found Creekwood via a referral from a neighboring RV park / cabin location. It was fabulous! The Cedar cabin was very clean and nice and we had the most fun fishing in the pond and with the stream at the back of the property. We highly recommend Creeksood. PS - Sonja and the entire staff were awesome!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

After leaving a cabin rental which had no water, I happened upon the Creekwood Village Resort.
Sonya Michels (owner) stopped what she was doing to assist me in solving my dilemma. Six hours away from home, no place to stay and my 87 year old mother whom I invited to join us on our vacation.
Sonya offered one of her 2 bedroom cabins which was not only comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and well kept but with a back porch facing a pond. How tranquil and relaxing the day became after we checked in and began our vacation sitting on the porch watching the ducks in the pond and listening to the babbling creek behind the property. The location is outstanding, the atmosphere was relaxing and the property was immaculate. I believe I have found not only a new place to vacation but a friend as well.
Thanks Sonya and we will not only be back to see you again but recommend your cabins to our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rocketman81654
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Some twelve or thirteen years ago, I asked some of my co workers on my job in South Carolina where I could go to "get away". The job was hectic, and things were not necessarily going the way I wanted them to in my life, and I needed someplace to go where I could just relax and be me. I was pointed in the direction of Maggie Valley, and soon thereafter contacted Ms. Sonja. This was thirteen years ago, and it remains as my most favorite place. There are many words that describe Ms. Sonja, the proprietress; thoughtful, attentive, and welcoming being just a few. She knows how to give people their space on their vacation while simultaneously being extremely available. She, along with her establishment, has definitely earned a place in my heart. Being an ex-musician who has traveled quite a bit in my past, and stayed at many places, Creekwood Village ranks in the top 3!
One of the most favorite memories that Ms. Sonja and I always share whenever I'm in Creekwood Village is the year I came there with my guitar and a Fender half stack amplifier. Immediately, she wondered what she let herself in for when she saw it. But I promised not to play too loud, and within an hour or two, there was a small gathering of people on the lawn directly across from cabin one, (which is where I always stay), and I did an impromptu performance. A very good time was had by all, including "Boomer"! I had such a wonderful time, and have been going there ever since. Wonderful place!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple