“Absolutely Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property
Guest Room Kitchen
Carport
Driveway
Drive Up
Neighbors - Smokey & Radar
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dhammond1
Ocala, Florida
“Absolutely Perfect”
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The cabin was beautiful and very comfortable. The view from the deck was amazing and we couldn't have asked for anything more. If you wanted serene and peaceful this was the cabin to rent.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peacefulness and the quite.
Liked least: Cannot think of a thing
Friends getaway
849bwilso...
Elm City, North Carolina
“Gorgeous view”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Really nice view and secluded , drive way is a tight turn around to back in carport but still worth the stay. Built in the side of the mountain. Nice spot to just relax, gamble ,golf or just shop and eat.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Limited Wfi due to sharing but still able to web search and have phone service
Friends getaway People with pets
Reviewed 19 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views from the cabin
Liked least: The driveway
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Management Response
6 Jul 2016
I would take at least 10 minutes off of all of his time estimates.
Mike T
Leland, North Carolina
“Nice”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife an I stayed nine nites.my son an our three small grandchildren came up so we could carry them on the polar express in bryson city. When I got home this afternoon I had a e mail from Jim the owner saying he was only returning 100.00 of our deposit because their was three childen an their father in the cabin.we were not told there was no kids or an extra adult allowed.I called him an he got very upset because there was children at the cabin.if I was told that up front I would have rented another cabin.I hope he doesn't spend that money all in one place.I will be renting my next cabin some where else in July.if you have any visitors you better watch out cause you will get screwed out of your deposit. Mike Thomas. Leland nc.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
25 Nov 2015
This guest was originally renting another cabin when it was sold and the new owners cancelled his reservation. Since there were only two adults in their group I managed to move him into this cabin and save their vacation.

I was repaid for my efforts when all of a sudden here comes a boatload of kids and more adults moving in. This is a high end rental where children are not welcome and mature adults preferred. Instead of asking if it was okay that 4 extra people join them (we only sleep four) the guest says "no one told us we couldn't move more people in".

Anyway i did return half of his deposit, which I thought was more than fair after they were caught breaking our contract. This guy was trouble from the start when he was threatening to hurt the new owner of the cabin that canceled his trip. Their extra visitors also didn't follow the house rules regarding use of the internet and started gaming until they had used up half a months data plan in just one night.

All in all, even though this is the worst review I've received on any of my cabins over the last 5 years, I'm still glad they're gone and not coming back.
kkeip
Evans, Georgia
“This cabin was off the charts~~~ ;)”
Reviewed 13 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

The Bearsden cabin was very well appointed....Great view, easy access, and had everything you would need in the cabin....Loved the fireplace when the nights became chilly...The road up was well maintained. Maggie Valley and Cherokee was very close by as access to the Parkway with beautiful views....Other small towns were also nearby....Yes we would rent this one again and I'm sure you will too if you every go~~ ;)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything~~ ;)
Liked least: Can't think of a thing...
Judy D
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Hidden Gem in the Mountains”
Reviewed 8 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Bears Den is a hidden gem in the mountains of North Carolina. We were blessed to be able to share some time with family who traveled to meet us there. Jim, the owner and builder, was very helpful while planning our trip. He also checked on us while we were there. The cabin was pristine, beautifully built and decorated, with all the needed amenities. The view from the deck was amazing. We enjoyed the fireplace and the coziness of the cabin, since the weather was uncooperative on a few of our days there. On the other days, we ventured out to explore the areas. The cabin is just a few miles from the entrance of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Other attractions are just a 30-45 minute drive. We hope to return again soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: A rustic atmosphere, with all the perks.
Liked least: The steep road and driveway, but we got used to it.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
Yanely G
Fleming Island, Florida
“HEAVENLY..HEAR ONLY BIRDS SEE MAJESTIC NATURE BEAUTY”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for a sanctuary retreat in the Carolina's mountains, then look no further. My husband and I along with our twelve year old son and six year old daughter spent a wonderful family vacation for seven glorious nights. The cabin is brand new, impeccably clean and professionally decorated in an beautiful, elegantly and upscale rustic decor. I cooked breakfast daily and dinner every night except for one and the kitchen was fully stocked with every utensil I could need and then some! Jim is very friendly and reliable, there if you need him. My only caveat is that the paved driveway is a bit steep.. and the road to the cabin is gravel, but we had no issues since we drove a 4x4 truck. My son was disappointed about the spotty internet connection,(up on the mountain) but it turned out to be a blessing since we were able to reconnect as a family playing board games nightly. There is satellite TV with many premium channels.. Disney Jr and Nick Jr channels were available- if you have small kids, you understand priority in this. There is also a Blue Ray DVD player and a large library of DVDs to view if you are inclined. However the cherry on the cake is the breathtakingly gorgeous view right out of your huge window and out of your balcony--beautiful and very relaxing.. heavenly. A wonderful vacation- no one wanted to leave. We are already planning our next trip back! Pick this cabin.. you will be glad you did.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and location of this brand new, upscale mountain retreat.
Liked least: steep driveway and gravel roads getting to property
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing