“Great place, great staff.”

Best Western Mountainbrook Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and had a good experience. So when it came time to go back to Maggie Valley, I decided to book here again after reading reviews of numerous other options in the area. The new carpet and beds were great to see. The cleanliness of the room was great. The staff are super nice and helpful. And the breakfast is great. Plenty of options to fill up the kids. One lesson learned is I will be requesting a room towards the back as to try and cut down on morning traffic noise. And if you have a lot of luggage, stay on the bottom floor (no elevators, learned that last time). The ONLY problem I had with the stay had nothing to do with Best Western, but with the indoor pool they have access to with the Microtel next door. The inside of the pool building needs a deep cleaning and the hot tub needs drained, deep cleaned and refilled. I hate to put that on this review because I am not sure of the amount of control BW may or may not have over this, but it has to be said. Otherwise, I think this place is a great stay. They just need to adjust the pricing down some for off season to be more comparable to others in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. Free breakfast was basic but very good. Beds were comfortable. The room was large enough. Again, my main need is a clean room and these rooms were clean. Nice place that we will definitely return to when skiing at Cataloochee!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed here midweek after a snowstorm to ski at Cataloochee. Take advantage of the Ski and Stay Free program for kids (under 17). Breakfast was nicer than we expected! Great location and great value!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was a great hotel for me. There were pet friendly rooms right on a nice 'back yard'! The rooms were spotless and the staff was very friendly and helpful! The free breakfast was plentiful and even included sausage. The location was right on the main road in Maggie Valley next to the restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the ground floor pet rooms if traveling with your animals.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Carlyke
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed at this Best Western Inn about seven times and I always enjoy the peace and tranquility of staying on the mountain brook. I always request a room on the second floor above the brook and enjoy keeping my sliding glass doors open to hear the sounds of the brook while sleeping. Most of the rooms have spacious balconies and it's a very peaceful experience to calm the heart, mind and soul. The breakfast has a variety of food hot and cold food.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelingshoesbecky
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here to hit the slopes at Cataloochee. Right next door is a sports bar, where we ate before checking in. The rooms was great, very warm, and it was convenient to the slopes. Easy to find, comfortable bed, and a great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel was better Than I expected, but there were a couple of issues I had with the place. The heat, our heater was either on full blast or off so our first night we boiled then we froze, I complained but it was not fixed until we got back from the mountain and said we wanted to speak to a manager, then it was repaired in about 15 minutes. Also the refrigerator froze everything that was put into it, I complained but it was not fixed. The heated in the hot tub area did not work, when I asked to have it turned on I was told it didn't work. Just an FYI if you decide to stay here, other than that the room was great very clean and updated, most of the staff was friendly and helpful. I would probably recommend it just check the room before you unpack.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Four Seasons Inn
Four Seasons Inn
#10 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center

Been to Best Western Mountainbrook Inn? Share your experiences!