“April Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Timberwolf Creek Bed & Breakfast
Arlington
“April Wedding”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I had our wedding here at Timberwolf Creek B&B and stayed in the Black Bear Cabin in the Woods. As soon as we pulled in, we knew it would be perfect. The cabin is cozy and well appointed, and it sits right next to a beautiful, rushing mountain stream. That sound filled the cabin with it's music. Sandee the owner came over and met us, and took us for a tour of the place. We picked out the site of our ceremony, on a mossy bank next to the river. She was wonderful; friendly, funny, and put us right at ease. We woke up the day of our wedding well rested, after sleeping in the comfy bed and listening to the sounds of the stream during the night. A gorgeous breakfast basket was delivered to our cabin, and the food was out of this world. The place is on a rural mountain road, and the morning walk took in the sights of the mountains, farms, animals, and three dogs who tagged along with me for my exercise.
The wedding itself was just as I planned; intimate, sweet, and just the two of us. Sandee officiated, her husband is the photographer, and we felt like we were with family. Sandee created a lovely bouquet for me and a boutiniere for my husband. They were gorgeous. Sandee does the ceremony as if we were the only couple she's ever married, and made it a very personal experience for us. She helped me write the vows prior to the wedding, so the words we spoke were very meaningful. I've been married before, and the preacher was very impersonal and matter of fact. Sandee made it a joyful experience for us. We then enjoyed a beautiful cake and champagne, and they toasted us. Next came the pictures, and they take as many as you want in various sites around the property. There are many pretty sites to choose from. They even give you the disk so that you can make as many duplicates as you want. Timberwolf Creek has thought of everything you could possibly need in the cabin, including paper towels, washer dryer with laundry detergent and dryer sheets, bubble bath, plenty of towels, etc. There is also a book that is chock full of things to do, places to eat, shop, hike, and so on. Very well done and comprehensive. I also arranged a massage prior to the wedding, and it was all arranged to my preference. It was the best massage I've ever had. Beth the masseuse was simply gifted and I left feeling energized and relaxed. If you're looking for a site to have a wedding, whether a private ceremony, elopement or family wedding, this is the place. My wedding was everything I wanted and more, and can't wait to go back and enjoy this place again. Hopefully I will also get to visit with Sandee again, and share a glass of wine with her on the deck overlooking the stream, to thank her for everything. The only thing I did wrong was not have my honeymoon here! But we will return, hopefully many times in the coming years.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Black Bear Cabin in the Woods, but I peeked in some of the other sites and they wer...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank chiefjacknut

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The weekend after Valentine's Day was spent in the Curve of the Creek suit to my wife's delight. If you want a nice quiet place where you can sit and listen to the stream, cuddle by the fireplace, or relax in the Master Jacuzzi with the lights down low and candles flickering in the corners this is the place for you. I am looking forward to our next trip to Maggie Valley more then ever.

Room Tip: Curve of the Creek suit sits right next to a cascading stream
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank grinnin13
timberwolfcreek, Owner at Timberwolf Creek Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
It was a delight to have you here, and we're looking forward to your return, too. It's folks like you who make our chosen profession such a pleasure.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I can't say enough wonderful things about the people who run this place. Aside from being genuinely great people who warmly welcome you into their home fully expecting that you are not a guest, but a friend, they will make every effort to ensure you have a memorable experience.

My beautiful wife and I eloped at the last minute, and Sandee was truly excited that she could be a part of this. Everything came together perfectly, and there is no room for improvement at all. I left not only with a beautiful wife, plus the perfect wedding day and honeymoon, but several new friends that the wife and I are looking forward to keeping around for life. The entire weekend blew our wildest dreams out of the water, we had no idea something could be so perfect.

If you are interested in more of the "What are the facilities like?" aspect of a B&B, here you go:

Situated on a spring-fed mountain stream- How much better does it get?
Plenty of rocking chairs to enjoy!
Rooms are well-decorated, stocked with novels, movies, games, etc.
Every detail is attended to, and everything is high quality, from the soaps to the bedding.
Food is AWESOME, a great cook whose goal is to ensure that you can't eat lunch!

I don't think there is a better, more hospitable, higher quality establishment anywhere in the world, and just saying "Excellent-5 stars" doesn't seem to capture how incredible it is.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Grant L
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The owners are wonderful, the place is quaint and adorable, it is secluded (but so close to everything at the same time!), the breakfast baskets were a delicious treat every morning and I was so impressed that the were able to deliver the cold stuff cold and the hot stuff hot! We stayed in a cabin and the fire each night was a delight. Every recommendation Sandee made for nearby restaurants worked out fabulously. It was a perfect getaway and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a central point to enjoy the Maggie Valley area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank shorelyworthit
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We came here as the first part of our honeymoon and had such a wonderful stay. Sandee, Larry and Latitia were so kind and welcoming and made our visit. We were absolutely spoiled with a room upgrade at the last minute and felt like we were living in luxury. The fall colors were at their peak and it was such a pleasure to sit out on the porch adjoined to the room listening to the stream and seeing the pasture across the way with the mountains behind it. Absolutely idyllic!
Every morning Sandee and Latitia put together an exceptional breakfast. Our favorite was by far the praline french toast-- beg for it while you stay there, you won't be disappointed! Sandee had great recommendations of restaurants to try in the surrounding area and directed us to one of the best meals we've had over at Frog's Leap Public House in Waynesville. Her stories are engaging and she truly makes you feel like you're staying at the home of a close friend. The rooms are beautiful, clean and incredibly comfortable and are kept that way throughout the entire stay.
We cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Timberwolf Retreat was divine!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EmLogan
Winchester, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I had been checking out the photos of Timberwolf Creek and expected it to be very nice, in a beautiful setting with every comfort attended to, but it was much more than that. I felt welcomed, as if I were a special guest in the home of an old friend, from the minute I walked over the little foot bridge crossing the creek and through the garden to the beautiful french doors. It was very late so Sandee had emailed the code for our entrance but even so there were little signs of personal attention as we settled into the suite. There was an odd juxtaposition of the sense of complete privacy and a knowledge of having every need personally seen to by Sandee herself. The luxury of the rooms and moss covered surroundings were spiritually restorative - but it was the feeling of serenity and of being cared for that made it the nicest weekend I can remember. Don't miss this.

Room Tip: I got a chance to see other rooms and any room will be beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Bill D
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We LOVE LOVE LOVE this place along with the wonderful people (Sandee, Larry, Laticia and Kim) They make you feel right at home and like part of the family. Great food, conversation, pictures, just everything amazing and wonderful. We cannot wait to come back when we can get time off from work! Just like the title words cannot describe how we feel about this place and the people just above and beyond excellence!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the rooms, so have peace in mind when choosing any of the rooms!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
#10 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Misty Mountain Ranch
Misty Mountain Ranch
#2 of 8 in Maggie Valley

Been to Timberwolf Creek Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!