“Golf Course in Bad Shape”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley Club & Resort
Clearwater, Florida
“Golf Course in Bad Shape”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have a rental property at Maggie Valley Country Club. I am very dissapointed on the shape of the golf course. I may never go back due to the shape that they continue to keep their golf course in. I ended up going to another golf course because Maggie Valley's course is not being kept up. Real estate is more important to them then the course not happy.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank jhodge99
Maggie Valley C... R, Public Relations Manager at Maggie Valley Club & Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
2013 marks MVC’s 50th anniversary, and the resort is celebrating the occasion with improvements in the golf course and facilities designed to solidify the club’s reputation as the area’s premier golf and resort destination. Honours Golf, an industry leader in golf course and club management, acquired Maggie Valley Club in December 2012, and the new management is making noticeable changes. Honours Golf takes pride in having “the best kept golf course” in every market where they own or operate.

We would love to see you back here to check out the latest improvements. Our course is in better shape than it ever has been!

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Looking for fantastic views , championship golf off your back porch , peace and quiet , a town full of charm and cute shops and wonderful off the main path excellent restaurants ? Stay here and you will find it all . Inexpensive condo rentals run by the hotel are your very best best . Going there for 10 years and it just keep getting better

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank peter g
Rio Rancho
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We just spent 2 nights in one of the condos on the property - a wonderful 2 bedroom condo with a porch - half of which was screened in. I called to make reservations with some special requests. The receptionist made a recommendation as to which of the condos - which turned out to be spot-on - Ground floor entrance which led to the porch 1 level up. Fabulous view of the Smokies, putting green and club house in the valley.
The condo was beautiffully appointed and had all you might want for a vacation stay. The whole complex in beautifully maintained - everyone is friendly and the off-season rate couldn't be better. If you are a golfer or just interested in relaxing - It doesn't get any better than this.

Room Tip: Ask for help - to get what you want - I did
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank evardis
Southwest Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Since this is a golf resort, the winter rates are spectacular. We have gone two years in a row during the week after Christmas and it has been wonderful. Natural snow was on the ground and many hills for sledding right at the resort. Bring sleds if you can. If not, look for them at Ace Hardware. If you are not lucky enough to have real snow, the Cataloochee Ski Area and Tube World are nearby, where they make snow. The condos here are spacious and modern. We stayed in Mountain Chase Building 2, Condo 2024. These condos are a bit older than those at Persimmon Point (where we stayed last year) but closer to the road and restaurant. Look at the pictures on the website to choose a unit. I would look for a unit with modern TVs, a nice kitchen, and quality furnishings. Most have a washer and dryer and gas fireplace. No housekeeping service but they will give you garbage bags, dish detergent, shampoo, towels, etc. on request. Balconies overlook the golf course and surrounding mountains. The on-site Pin High Bar & Grill restaurant is open for lunch and dinner on selected days. It is an elegant sports bar with fireplace and excellent food priced very well. For example, a 12 oz. NY Strip steak with potatoes, vegetables for $16.95. Maggie Valley is a quiet country town with mom-and-pop restaurants. However, Asheville is more hip with many hip restaurants/art galleries and is about a 30 minute drive away. Mela Indian restaurant in Asheville had a great lunch buffet. Maggie Valley is also about 1.5 hrs. to Gatlnburg and Pigeon Forge, TN, so there are many opportunities for day trips or scenic drives. There is the Blue Ridge Parkway to explore (often closed in winter though), the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cherokee Indian casino, culture/museums, the Mast General Store in Waynesvile (candy by the barrel!), and more. Don't miss the historic Biltmore Estate in Asheville. My kids also loved the Fun Depot in Asheville--- it's like a very clean spacious Chuck e Cheese on steriods!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank FLmom_10
North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We just recently stayed in Maggie Valley, NC for a quick weekend getaway. We chose the location because the golf was near the villa that we were staying at. I researched the golf course before I booked a tee time and printed a $10 off coupon from their website. Arriving Friday, I made a tee time for Saturday morning and asked that they pair me up with someone since it was just myself playing. They scheduled me for 8:30am with a two-some. I checked in with the starter before paying to make sure that I was still with the same two-some @ 8:30am and he confirmed. I went in to pay for my round and some range balls to warm up with. The guy told me the total and I realized that I forgot my coupon. I asked him if we would honor the coupon of $10 off that was on their website and he said NO. I shrugged that off and proceeded to the range to hit some balls and take out some frustration. As I am leaving, headed to the range, the starter tells me that I don't have time to hit balls because he has just paired me with a two-some going off now @ 8:00am. I told him that I didn't mind going ahead and playing but I would have liked to known that before I paid for range balls. He said that they would probably not refund my $ for range balls so I proceeded to tell him that I was going to hit my balls and tee off @ 8:30, did he have a problem with that. I proceeded to the range which felt like 1/4 mile up the mountain to a secluded area that had the hitting area marked off on a carpet mat. I can't stand hitting off a mat and would rather do without if I had known that. I will leave my experience at that. I enjoyed the golf once I got away from the poor service. The course is beautiful and in great shape. After I finished my round, I went back to the room to get my coupon to see if they would give me $10 back. I should have known. I will never play this course again. You would think with the economy the way it is that the golf courses would be oozing with customer service but not this one.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank globetrotting_golfer

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience while you were here during your visit in 2009. I would like to extend an invite back to our course so you could see the improvements not only on our course but also in our service!
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We truly enjoyed our round of golf at the Maggie Valley Club. The front nine is level in the valley with the back nine having a lot of hills, elevation change and "mountain affects" whne you putt. Ladies - pay attention to the lengths of the course as the reds are short and you might want to consider the golds if you are a lower handcap.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mixaconsulting
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 December 2003

Golf pro Mike Fox was great. A true professional in everything he did.
The customer service of his staff going beyond the call of duty was a direct reflection on him as a golf professional. The golf course was also great. The greens keeper does an excellent job with those greens.
Great golfing resort for fun, good food, great service and great golf.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
Peppertree Maggie Valley
Peppertree Maggie Valley
#5 of 21 in Maggie Valley

Been to Maggie Valley Club & Resort? Share your experiences!