“Conveniently located, clean, affordable”
Review of Royal Maggie Inn

Royal Maggie Inn
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Nashville, TN
“Conveniently located, clean, affordable”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed just one night to ski at Cataloochee. It is super close to the entrance of the ski hill! I got a suite for the same price as a Queen with my Triple A membership and you could've slept a few in there if need be. It has a sleeper cushion thing under the window to sleep. It wouldn't have been super comfortable, but if you're looking to pack some friends in on the cheap you could do it. There is also a sleeper loveseat sofa, microwave, mini fridge area and a small table. Pretty nice for $89!

They allowed pets, which is nice for those who have them, however, there was a puppy next door who cried all night long! Who brings a puppy?!

Breakfast is over at 9:15am, which I thought was kind of early, and there wasn't much. We grabbed some dry cereal and a banana and it was enough.

Overall this was a very nice place to stay on the cheap without having to go to a motel!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you want as little more room!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
western north carolina
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I travel 10 to 20 nights a month and stay in many hotels.
The first time I stopped in to check rates at the Microtel Maggie Valley I was greeted by Vivianne, She was so very helpful to me and took the time to answer my many questions.
We were looking for a place to spend Christmas with our family of 21. This place was fabulous. They have a very nice pool and the rooms were extremely clean. Carmen, our housekeeper kept the room perfectly spotless. Denise the manager, called me right away to correct and error I had made in my online booking, and then made the correction over the phone and also upgraded us to a bigger suite. My 5 yr old grandson said "Grandma this is the nicest hotel I have ever seen" as he was enjoying his waffle. We hope to return to this hotel again in 2013. This place has all the class of a 4 star hotel without the price !!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My 12 year old son and I came for some rest and relaxation and snowboarding. We were greeted by an extraordinary lady named Kathy working the front desk. She listened to our plight of "lack of sleep" since the grand-kids moved in and moved us to an end of the hall room out of consideration for our droopy eyes. The rain kept us from snowboarding but we enjoyed the room from the minute we walked in. From the the fresh smell of sheets on the bed, fantastic mountain view, window bench, dreamy queen size beds that slept like a dream, and I have to sleep with a temperpedic at home. We loved using the indoor pool and hot tub every day and hated having to leave. The Continental breakfasts were awesome. I think the price was fantastic. I have traveled across the United States 3 times from NC to Oregon stopping in every type of hotel/motel you can imagine. So believe me. This place is more then a deal. I am not going to stay any where else. Don't get rid of Kathy or I might reconsider.

Room Tip: upper rooms are always better for less noise, ask for rooms away from laundry and ice machines are a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Melanie H
Oliver Springs, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary and my 60th birthday with a stay at the Maggie Valley Microtel. We have stayed there on several vacations before and were always treated very nice. This time was different because of a wonderful lady named Kathy, who worked at the desk. She went out of her way to make our stay one of the most enjoyable ones we have ever had. She told us about Snappys Restaurant where we had excellent steaks for dinner and were waited on by a wonderful lady named Connie. I would recommend this motel to anyone going to Maggie Valley and if you are lucky maybe you will run across these two lovely ladies and they will make your stay as lovely as ours !

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary T
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed here for one night while passing through on out trip. The staff was average at check in, check out clerk was wonderful.The room was clean but you could tell it is getting run down. Overall the hotel was not bad, would definitely stay again if we are in the area

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Keaau, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Wow! This Inn compares to the lodges that we have enjoyed over the years in The Alps! It has the unique combination of congeniial staff who have mastered the skill of both conceirge with discretion. We are from The Big Island of Hawaii and came to enjoy the BEAUTIIFUL Fall colors of Apalachia. Called this Inn and spoke to Kathy; she facilitated wonderful experiences of sightseeing and mountain culture. Many Mahalos to her and The excellent Staff too. Oh, the rooms are immaculately clean; and, the owner really takes pride in his property, too; evidence in the beautiful linens and quilted sheets. The BIG surprise was this window sill box in the room--just perfect to lounge on and read with views of the mountains outside. This Inn proves that paying the most for lodging does not ensure the most pleasant experience; because Microtel Inn at Maggie Valley is so very, very reasonable in price compare to the other motels and hotels we stayed in on this vacation; and, yet it was not only the BEST value but also the Most memorable. WE LOVED IT! and, being Hawaiian, we will sure share this value on "the coconut telegraph" here! THANKS! MICROTEL INN!

Room Tip: We were in Room #108
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank david w w
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Great value for the money. We stayed the weekend of October 7th through the 9th 2011. The price was excellent and the staff was wonderful. We stayed in a suite and the room was really nice, clean, and the bed slept very well, I would recommend this motel to anyone going to Maggie Valley.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MountainMan2015
MicrotelGM28751, General Manager at Royal Maggie Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. Fall is an amazing season in the mountains and we are happy you had a chance to experience it with us. Please join us at other times of the year to enjoy the many festivals and activities that Maggie Valley and the surrounding areas have to offer. Please call us anytime and we can fill you in on the many amazing things you could be doing next time you visit us here in the Smokies.