“Great little place to stay for the money”

Quality Inn & Suites Maggie Valley - Cherokee Area
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great little place to stay for the money”
Reviewed 21 March 2005

This place was a very good value. We booked at the internet rate of $39. The indoor pool was fun for the kids in February. We stayed for 2 nights to ski at Cataloochee. Don't expect breakfast if you don't get there early and be careful at checkout, some folks were charged a higher rate than quoted. We did not have that problem. I would definately recommend for a short stay with a family.

1 Thank travelsus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 February 2005

Microtel impressed me I am from Sarasota FL and while I know this is not a 5 star hotel, as I have stayed at many including the Ritz Carlton. The amenities are great, from the family suites to the indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, the continental breakfast which includes homemade waffles and the laundry facilitys which are great for families not to have to go home with a bag of dirty clothes. The prices are really cheap for the accomidations, newer building is clean and not old or out of date. Oh yeah one last thing, FREE LONG DISTANCE CALLS, FREE LOCAL CALLS and FREE WIRELESS INTERNET, my laptop was connected to the web just sitting on the desk in my room. A +++ Microtel Maggie Valley.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 November 2004

In October 2004 I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. While the rooms are OK...the management is not!

I paid cash for the room and when I checked out I asked for a receipt. I was informed that "the printer was down" eventhough I watched him print the customer in front of me a receipt. The "manager" (not sure he was even after he told me he was) said he would mail me a receipt. Six weeks later, I still have no receipt although I have called him about it twice. I was also billed for a date that was cancelled prior to the reschedule date. When I called about it this "manager" was very impolite and not at all helpful but really tried to get me off the phone. PLEASE be careful and make sure you pay close attention to details IF you stay here.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Maggie Valley hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2004

I was pleasantly surprised at the layout of the room, for the price. Much cheaper than the one in Cherokee, which is just a short and scenic drive away. The room was very clean and had wonderful views of the Smokies. The room had a window seat, so you could sit and view the mountains and breathe in the great mountain air. My friend and I really enjoyed the room. It's in walking distance of great little restaurants. We had dinner at Judy's Vittles and the food was delicious and plenty. It's classic southern cookin' and at a really great price. It beats any Cracker Barrel chain you could visit. Both places are great on taste and price. I recommend staying here, for those interested, this hotel has a very nice and clean indoor pool complete with views of the mountains, because the pool room is incased in glass so you can enjoy the view.

• Stayed October 2004
1 Thank Coupon-Queen
Timmonsville, SC
Reviewed 2 May 2004

My mom and I have stayed here twice. While it's not a 5 star hotel, we didn't pay for 5 stars. The rooms were clean and the "free" breakfast was little more than muffins, juice, coffee, and there were waffles. It was enough. We had one problem while there,(the handle in the shower broke off), but we were shown right to another room.
The staff was friendly and we slept well.
After all, while the place you stay is important, we don't go on vacations to see the room. We would use this hotel again.

Travellers also viewed these Maggie Valley hotels
#11 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Maggie Valley - Cherokee Area? Share your experiences!