“Loved the stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Maggie Valley
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Maggie Valley
“Loved the stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2005

We stayed at the Microtel in maggie valley on mon july, 18 2005 and I have to tell you that the service was great checking in, the breakfast in the morning was fantastic and the rooms were so clean and great views from the windows. I plan on traveling back up there with my wife again in a few months.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2005

I have stayed at the Microtel in Maggie every year for the last three years. The staff has always been kind and helpful. I have never had a problem so I don't know how they respond to them. The rooms are comfortable and, while not the best I've every stayed in, are worth the price. There are nicer places to stay in Maggie but they are more expensive. If you're looking for a good room at a good price, this is it.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Andros Island Bahamas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2005

Our family stayed in one of the "suites" in late February 2005, to do some local skiing. I had researched this hotel, and it seemed okay; but we were sadly mistaken. We were charged a substantially higher rate than our confirmed reservation (made online); the desk clerk insisted that the manager was the only one who could fix it (we never saw him over the four-day stay). The furniture was dirty, and the sofabed mattress was in a "U" shape (my back is still complaining!). The maid only made the one bed, and never the sofabed. The indoor pool building' ceiling constantly dripped. The only reason we stayed is because I would have had to skip a day of skiing to pack up by checkout, and wait until check-in at another hotel. There are other, nicer hotels along the same strip; I'll return to Maggie Valley, but NOT the Microtel! Their management has yet to be "available" when I've called concerning a refund of our overcharge, and they don't answer their email, either. A definite thumbs-down!

• Stayed February 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank libngeorge

Travellers are raving about these Maggie Valley hotels

Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2005

This place was a very good value. We booked at the internet rate of $39. The indoor pool was fun for the kids in February. We stayed for 2 nights to ski at Cataloochee. Don't expect breakfast if you don't get there early and be careful at checkout, some folks were charged a higher rate than quoted. We did not have that problem. I would definately recommend for a short stay with a family.

1 Thank travelsus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2005

Microtel impressed me I am from Sarasota FL and while I know this is not a 5 star hotel, as I have stayed at many including the Ritz Carlton. The amenities are great, from the family suites to the indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, the continental breakfast which includes homemade waffles and the laundry facilitys which are great for families not to have to go home with a bag of dirty clothes. The prices are really cheap for the accomidations, newer building is clean and not old or out of date. Oh yeah one last thing, FREE LONG DISTANCE CALLS, FREE LOCAL CALLS and FREE WIRELESS INTERNET, my laptop was connected to the web just sitting on the desk in my room. A +++ Microtel Maggie Valley.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2004

In October 2004 I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. While the rooms are OK...the management is not!

I paid cash for the room and when I checked out I asked for a receipt. I was informed that "the printer was down" eventhough I watched him print the customer in front of me a receipt. The "manager" (not sure he was even after he told me he was) said he would mail me a receipt. Six weeks later, I still have no receipt although I have called him about it twice. I was also billed for a date that was cancelled prior to the reschedule date. When I called about it this "manager" was very impolite and not at all helpful but really tried to get me off the phone. PLEASE be careful and make sure you pay close attention to details IF you stay here.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2004

I was pleasantly surprised at the layout of the room, for the price. Much cheaper than the one in Cherokee, which is just a short and scenic drive away. The room was very clean and had wonderful views of the Smokies. The room had a window seat, so you could sit and view the mountains and breathe in the great mountain air. My friend and I really enjoyed the room. It's in walking distance of great little restaurants. We had dinner at Judy's Vittles and the food was delicious and plenty. It's classic southern cookin' and at a really great price. It beats any Cracker Barrel chain you could visit. Both places are great on taste and price. I recommend staying here, for those interested, this hotel has a very nice and clean indoor pool complete with views of the mountains, because the pool room is incased in glass so you can enjoy the view.

• Stayed October 2004