“Quiet hotel in a cute little town”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Marion
“Quiet hotel in a cute little town”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The GPS did not find this hotel,so I had to call to get directions. The attendant was very helpful and able to direct me to the hotel (behind Taco Bell). Rooms are average hotel style room. Nothing fancy. There is a pool at the hotel, but no workout room. The breakfast is served from 6-10am and very good, fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, sausage, bagles, coffee, cereal, etc. A super selection. Overall, a great place to stay if you need a simple place with no frills.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2012

room was clean, spacious and quiet. Breakfast was not special, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Durham
Reviewed 16 May 2012

When looking for a place to stay in Marion, I was concerned by the number of hotels that had poor reviews with words like "moldy" "dirty" etc. The Comfort was clean and fresh - exactly what we were looking for as a place to sleep. The breakfast was very good. They even had blueberry waffles, although the coffee was weak (but I'm a coffee snob).
Will definitely stay there the next time I'm headed to the Black Mountains.

• Stayed May 2012
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I am not all that familiar with the area and needed a one night place to stay before embarking on a Mount Mitchell climb. After looking online at my options, I thought the Comfort Inn would be a decent choice. The map has it about an hour away from the base campground.

My first floor room was clean although dated. I would definitely stay here again.

The night clerk was very friendly and checked me in very quickly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JimboNorth
South Berwick, Maine
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed here for five nights. We had very few problems. Room was cleaned daily. Breakfast available with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, cereals, juice, pastries, toast, fresh fruit, coffee and tea. Grandkids enjoyed the pool. Close by to everything we needed to do in the area. Free popcorn in the evenings in the lobby. Only problem was the walls between the rooms are thin and we could hear voices and also snoring next door when we were trying to sleep. And people do smoke in the entry way doors so we had to walk through smoke a few times to get to our room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank myajenna
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Check in was great, the front desk representative was very friendly. She gave me directions to our room and told us about the free breakfast in the morning. Upon walking through the door to the room, we noticed the covers were pulled back on the beds and there was a roll away bed(this was not requested). I mistakenly thought this was a turn down service. In the bathroom, there was used soap and shampoo in the shower and trash in the trash can. I went back to the front desk to ask if we could move rooms, I was told the room has been cleaned and it was impossible the bathroom had been missed. I asked for a different room and was given a "smoke free" room. Upon walking into the new room, the smell of stale cigarettes could knock you down. BUT, the bed was made and the bathroom was clean so we didn't complain. The breakfast was the best part of the short stay. Hot eggs and sausage and pastries were delicious. Will go back to the Hampton Inn the next time we need to stay in Marion.

• Stayed February 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I got a nasty skin rash after spending a night here.
I thought the chairs or beds had bedbug problems, which is disgusting, but IT WAS EVEN WORSE: it's fungus!
I am struggling to stop the breakout on my skin and I am trying to see a doctor now.
I really regret staying here!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank R G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
#1 of 9 in Morganton
Super 8 Black Mountain
Super 8 Black Mountain
#4 of 4 in Black Mountain

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!