“After the hike... we were hungry.”
Review of FATZ

FATZ
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Marion
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 April 2014

After our hike on Mt. Mitchell we went back to our hotel and changed and went to FATZ for dinner. We were starving. Being a Saturday night place was crowded (to be expected) and my girlfriend and I decided to sit at the bar. We both ordered steaks, baked potatoes, and vegetables and all three had wonderful flavors. The lady behind the bar was very attentive to our request. The bathroom could use a little more attention than what it appeared, but overall the cleanliness of the place was fine. I'd go again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were treated like royalty when the waitstaff and management learned we were first time customers. Excellent appetizers, main course and dessert. Great service. We overate but enjoyed every morsel. Can't wait to pass through the area again and partake!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great service - good portion size, good food - remember, this is a chain, so you really know what you're getting if you order something more than once. Calabash Chicken is really really good, and their ribeyes with shrimp or bleu cheese are too!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was very surprised to see this restaurant in the shape it was on Wednesday night not a lot of people was there we decided this would be the perfect place to eat as we have ate before at the others fatzs and the restaurant was very clean .The table we was seated at had not been wiped but we were seated anyway ,the waitress finally had came and wiped the table after we mentioned it was dirty,finally at last she came and took the drink order by this time we already knew what we were going to eat Green tomatoes were served looked real good and were good after we got a plate each and silverware then here comes the main meal with mine I ordered potatoe soup which was no more than stiff mash potatoes I told the waitress she took that off the bill ,my husbands favorite is the ribs these had been cooked for awhile as they were cool not hot as they generally are .I looked down at the floor the carpets have not seen a professional cleaning in along time nor a vacum either so I decided before leaving I would visit the restroom and it was dirty also .I decided it was time to leave this meal was not enjoyable as I had expected it to be as leaving I looked up beside the door there was the resturants grade a 92.5 after seeing the place I am suprise that it was not lower. .The waitess could have moved a little faster .I will go to Asheville to eat from now on this is a shame because Fatzs have good food.I won't stop at the Marion Fatzs no more and advise my friends not to stop .

CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Shirley:

We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we can only get better by learning from our guest. It’s always our intention to provide an exceptional dining experience along with great service and food to all of our guests and we hope that you’ll accept our sincerest apologies for falling short on providing an enjoyable dining experience during your visit. Again, we thank you for your feedback.

BJ Falk, General Manager
5 Spartan Ave.
Asheville, NC 28806
828.665.9950
fatzasheville@fatz.com

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We always have a good time eating at Fatz. They are a local asset to our community. One of the best sit down dining experiences you can have in Marion. Service and food are good and we eat there often.