“Love Every Minute of my Stays!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marion
Hidden Creek Camping Resort
Granite Falls, North Carolina
“Love Every Minute of my Stays!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We started out with just me and hubby going back in 2008 now we have adopted 2 children and taking them up here 5 to 6 times a year. Very family orienated and our oldest loves going up and the baby loved Yogi Bear today so much!!! The Gracia's are awesome people who own the campground. We get involved with all the activities and I'm sure by next year we will be into them more when she is 3 years old. We highly recommend this campground and we have gotten others to come up there to stay and have others asking about the campground!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wandsabee

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mint Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

we took 5 of our grandkids camping four days in august. this w as their second year and they had another wonderful time. they love all the things they can do there waterslide pool fishing and all the games they play.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Boiling Springs, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have read all the reviews and have to say it suprises me some of all the negative remarks. I have rented a cabin twice at the campground and both times loved it. I work in a busy enviroment and I appreciate the way the campground takes you back to simple fun with no electronics. My kids 19 and 12 got involved in many activities and it was refreshing to see them out of their phones & ipads and into volleyball, smores, dancing, waterslide, paddle boats and fishing. It is camping and its directed toward kids, therefore, there will be noise. The only negative i can say is that i do wish they would open the slide back up in the afternoons after the public leaves so that the campers can have easier access and not have to wait in lines. It is pricey but there are not many campgrounds around that offer a waterslide. Generally you get a pool , lake or a playground but I feel sure you ask about any kid or atleast the majority will tell you the water slide is the bomb. So yes I would deffinitely stay again

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed for a week.Great environment, felt safe,lots to do for the kids. The activities were great, my kids really liked the water hay ride..fun! Dance was great. Site was level, good location. Waterside was fun, amenities were well maintained.kids were tired at end of day (good tired). Staff was exceptional. Stayed at many top tier hotels, this staff goes above and beyond. Friendly with kids. Recommend for all families. Thank you for a great family getaway!

• Stayed August 2012
Colfax, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

After Jellystone Natural Bridge, this park was a let down. Although the waterslide was fantastic, we felt nickeled and dimed, especially since we had to share the amenties with the bus loads of day visitors. Also for $50/night, i expect cable and wifi as your antenna will pick up nothing. As the majority of reviewers state, the garcia family is very hospitable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
yogibearmarion, Owner at Hidden Creek Camping Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thanks for posting! Glad you liked the slide, sorry you didn't get a sense of value. We do limit wifi and cable as an effort to continue to embrace the great outdoors as a family. We too have heard good things about natural bridge, I am glad you enjoyed there resort. We have heard it both ways, and I think it just comes down to personal taste. Thank you for visiting!

Kindly,

Alex aka Running Bear
Charlotte, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

July 2012 -- Our first stay in a camping site. Overall the stay was decent and we had no flagrant issues. We stayed in one of the 7 cabins that overlook the camp. The cabin was very neat and clean when we got in, the staff was pleasant but not personal. Most of the staffers are teenagers so they have no sense of differentiating between clients (those who come for a day spending $50 vs. those who spend a week spending more than a $1000). The cabin we stayed in is a trailer that is well done with natural wood finish. However, in the summer, the private bedroom is very, very hot as the AC unit in the living area CANNOT get the air flow back to the bedroom. They have a small vent fan which is pretty much useless. Prepare to be hot if you want to sleep in the bedroom. In general, the location and facilities are okay but the maintenance and support is NOT. The pool and water slide are good but some of the staffers look like zombies. They have no connection with the guests at all. Exceptions: two guys by the name of Running Bear and Speedy. These two are very personable and likeable. The facilities are adequate but they indicate low commitment. For instance, there are a few boats and canoes. For the several canoes, there are barely three paddles! The mini-golf (the only one time we used it) was covered with pebbles, etc. making it essentially useless. The arcade is crap and barely anyone used to be there. The activities are mind-numbing and the enthusiasm of some of the staff has to be commended. The staff has no touch with the reality of little kids and clients (why? because most of the staff comprises of teenagers). Lastly, on our very last day of our 8 day stay, we ate for the first time at the concession shop. I ordered several items like Burgers with chips and drinks. Guess what? Unbeknowst to me, the chips that were served were actually tortilla chips served with loads of melted cheese. Perhaps it's just me, but most restaurants I visit, chips are supposed to be potato chips, not tortilla chips with cheese. When I pointed that out, the server (a teenager) was very rude and said it would take 10 minutes to serve the same order without those godawful chips! 10 minutes to remove tortilla chips and replace them with regular potato chips!! After we'd been waiting for 15 minutes with little hungry kids! Thanks but no thanks. We were eventually served with the same order replaced with bags of potato chips. To me, a guest who spent more than a $1000 at this site, this is unacceptable. I will not go back for this one reason alone. Last but not least, I never met the property manager or knew who that person was. I saw some people here and there, but no one came to my cabin or ever introduced themselves as being the property managers to me anywhere. Why should they? Life looks pretty good down there, whether clients care or not. Finally, if you want WI-FI, forget it. At our cabin (cabin D-2), there was barely any wi-fi connection. When you are paying about $150 a night, you can hope for better in this day and age. All in all, it's a decent site with poor management and interest. Could be way better if the staff understood who their clients are and what their needs are. Will not go back.

Room Tip: Cabins D-1 and D-2 are close to the action and have a good view. Especially D-2.
1 Thank sxg
yogibearmarion, Owner at Hidden Creek Camping Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Hi ! Thank you for posting and sharing your feedback. This is Alex aka "Running Bear" our family owns and operates this park and I'm so sorry I didn't make that more clear when we met. Your points will be looked into. If you have any additional input kindly email me at yogibearmarion@gmail.com We strive for excellent customer service every time, and I'm sorry we didn't recognize you and your family daily. We do sincerely appreciate your business.

Alex aka "Running Bear"
Owner
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I took three of my grandchildren for a camping adventure (ages 10, 6 and 4) and they loved it there. The staff were all very friendly, the lake had watercraft that my grandson loved...kayaks, paddle boats and a canoe. Life jackets readily available. They panned for gems, watched Yogi Bear the Movie on an outdoor screen, loved the pool and the waterslide. They are already asking to go again, and we are planning another trip before the weather turns cold.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for posting! :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
#1 of 1 in Glen Alpine
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 9 in Morganton

Been to Hidden Creek Camping Resort? Share your experiences!