“Fabulous! Immaculate! Close to Asheville, NC”
Review of Hampton Inn Marion

Hampton Inn Marion
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marion
Oakton, Virginia
“Fabulous! Immaculate! Close to Asheville, NC”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My wife and I are Gold members of Hilton Hotels, who usually stay in Hampton Inns as we enjoy our retirement travels. We stayed in this facility from 17-20 October 2012, and thoroughly enjoyed out stay. This property is beautifully decorated for fall, is neat, clean, and well maintained in all respects. The rooms are fresh, immaculate, and well cared for by daily house keepers. There are plenty of amenities too: work out room, pool, hot tub, large breakfast area, plenty of freshly baked cookies available every evening, etc.

We both think this facility is under-rated but is one of western NC's best kept secrets. Since we plan to return to the Asheville area again, we look forward to staying here again.

The GM and staff of this facility obviously pay great attention to detail and they maintain very, very high standards of cleanliness.

This Hampton is not far from Asheville, NC. We drove from Marion to Asheville three times and it only took 28 minutes on I-40. No traffic jams either.

Room Tip: This facility is in a very quiet area, off I-40, between two exits, but we could not hear any cars o...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
kcebeil, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I will share them with my entire staff

Richard Liebeck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Williamston, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Just got back home from a quick visit to Marion. We wanted to see the leaves and just get away. Booked online on Friday 10/12/12 and arrived 10/13/12. Went in and told the front desk clerk I would appreciate two beds but only kings were available online. Of course, he handed me my room key and assignment and it was two queens. Room was perfectly clean. Never heard a sound from anyone else in the hotel. Went down to get breakfast this morning and the lady helping in the breakfast area gave better service than in most restaurants I have been in. We had stayed in this hotel before and thought it was wonderful and it only got better. We will be back.

Room Tip: Don't wait just go!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed here for wedding event in Marion. Very convenient to I-40 and downtown. Hotel was clean, breakfast was great, new way of doing things seems to be working out well. i.e. just put a sausage in microwave and press same number as on package...very easy. Staff was friendly. Would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
We are very happy that you had a great stay with us.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have had reason to stay at this hotel several times over the past couple of years. We were always pleased with our stay here. It is convenient on and off the freeway, to Marion, and to the Linville Gorge area and Lake James.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
We are thrilled that you had a great stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Hickory, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I was disappointed with my recent stay at this hotel. First of all, I called earlier that day, and the clerk quoted $169. I was shell-shocked by the price of one night in a small town like Marion. When I called back later that day, another clerk quoted $109, so I booked the room. After reading other reviews, I wish I would have waited until I checked in to reserve a room, maybe I could have gotten it for $89 too. Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was smoking a cigarette at the side door. I did not feel welcome when she finally greeted me. The room was average, the amenities were similiar to most hotels, so what exactly am I paying extra for? The name Hampton Inn? This Hampton Inn does NOT live up to its name!!

Room Tip: Stay in Black Mountain or Morganton....
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jennifer V
kcebeil, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We are sorry you didn't have an exceptional stay with us. We hope some day you will give us a chance to earn your valuable business again.

Richard Liebeck
Yadkin Valley (North Carolina)
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were looking for a place to stay for a weekend getaway. Hampton is our normal first choice, and we were not disappointed by this property. Freeway close, and while we were closest to the Interstate, we were not disturbed by road noise. We splurged on the king suite with jacuzzi tub and were not disappointed. Wireless worked flawlessly. The hotel was booked full both nights, and breakfast was somewhat crowded. We didn't use the pool, but many did, and nice that it was open until midnight. Exercise facility had a lot of equipment and was open 24/7.

Staff was very friendly, to include desk, breakfast area, and housekeeping. Hot breakfast was typical Hampton fare, u-make waffles, and prepackaged omlets, english muffins with eggs, etc to microwave.

Afternoon cookies disappeared quickly, although there were a large group of scouts and parents staying there while we were there.

If I were to have one constructive comment, it would be about the lobby coffee. Both nights the carafes were cold or empty as early as 7:30. While we did have a coffeemaker for one cup brews in the room, I prefer the big carafes in the lobby, and missed filling my travel mug for an evening to relax.

We would definitely consider staying here on a return visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
We hope to see you again REAL soon

Richard Liebeck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Black Mountain
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 9 in Morganton

Been to Hampton Inn Marion? Share your experiences!