“Do NOT Pass GO”

Dining options: Reservations
Nebo, North Carolina
“Do NOT Pass GO”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This restaurant may have at one time been good, but based upon my experience I'm not sure how or when. Someone said that the chef thinks that "if a litte is good, a lot is better" and that in cooking this is not the case. The sauce is way over the top with vinegar. We asked about their speciality and they indicated pork and the pork chops. Two of us ordered the pork chop and opps they only had one. This is on a Saturday evening. Only one and that is a go to dish, heck run to the local grocery store. Some of us then ordered pork loin and it was extemely dry and over cooked complimented with the nuclear vinegar sauce. I have to say the grits were done perfectly. Everything else was less than I could fumble around and do at home on my own. I'm surprised they did not run out of sweet tea. I can't imagine this place being any better under any circumstances. This is a case study in waiting for "Restaurant Impossible".

1 Thank KYCATS13

North Carolina
“Nice seafood dinner with southern style sides!”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My sister and I had a very nice dinner recently at Low Country. I had the fried shrimp, which were plentiful, crispy and very tasty. I chose the corn on the cob and the macaroni and cheese as my 2 side dishes, and both were very good. My sister had the grilled salmon, which she said was delicious, and had the baked potato casserole and green beans as her sides. We enjoyed our meals, the prices were reasonable, and the service was efficient. I will definitely return.

2 Thank TarHeelLady
Yadkin Valley (North Carolina)
“Pork Chops and Seafood Combo Both Very Good”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were a bit concerned about the wide disparity of ratings for hits restaurant, but based on the recommendation of a local winery owner, we ate here on a Saturday evening at about 5:30p.m. We were seated quickly, water followed. We tried two different wines (a pinot noir and a merlot) from a dozen or so available by the glass.

Pork chop with a wine and bleu cheese glaze was very tender. Seafood combo was fish and shrimp, which was ordered sauteed vs hand breaded and fried. Sides were good, though baked potato casserole dish could have been hotter.

The owner came to our table and we commented about the potatoes, he said he would make sure the temp was increased more quickly at opening. Banana pudding was very good.

The total bill with tax and tip was under $50 (we tip well), and the overall experience was very good, we would eat here again.

2 Thank bobh007
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greasy and overpriced”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The menu is limited and most items are fried. The French fries were soggy with oil. The price is outrangous for such low quality food.

1 Thank Gophersausage
“Absolutely incredible dining experience!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We were on the road on a family vacation and stopped in at Low Country Dining in Marion, NC for dinner. We'd read the reviews and thought it might be worthwhile, but we had NO idea just how amazing this food actually was! Mike Cantey was extremely hospitable, not only to us, but to every guest that came through; everyone seemed to talk with him as if they'd known him for years. His entire staff was second to none, and the restaurant has a very comfortable, at-home feel to it. The food was outstanding! They have a guarantee that if you can't cut his filet mignon with a butter knife, the steak is free...and let me tell you, I could have cut that thing with a plastic spoon! From the tomato pie to the beef brisket to the garlic mashed potatoes, this is one restaurant that obviously takes great pride to prepare their cuisine with high quality to ensure their customers come back again and again! FIVE HUGE STARS...highly HIGHLY recommended!!! Thanks Mike & staff for the incredible experience!!

2 Thank BrianJ_and_Family