“small, narrow, tight”

854 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,100 helpful votes
“small, narrow, tight”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's the tightest cavern we have ever been in. It was still interesting but if you are claustrophobic at all you should not go inside. One passage you had to turn sideways to get through. At one point they load everyone into a corner and then tell them to look down. You are standing on a grate and they tell you divers have never found the bottom of the pit. You should wear shoes with good tread because the floor is very slick and you will be dripped on. When we left the tour guide told everyone to be sure to wash their hair as soon as they could because you could start growing things in your hair from the dripping water. I don't know if this is true or not but I washed my hair.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cheryl h

Boynton Beach, Florida
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“NOT BATS”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you remember the 1970's movie Tom Sawyer there was a part where Tom was running away from Indian Joe and he went into some cave. This place reminded me of that sop much. It was really a cool place. If it's a hot day this is the place to go, so nice inside. There were no bats during the summer time so don't panic if you are afraid they are only there in the winter. My camera took good photos inside and there are a few tight squeezes inside but it is all walkable. Don't were flip flops or sandals. I saw so many people at mountains and caves wearing the wrong footwear. It is slippery in there and you need to have sneakers at least. NO croc's , The gift shop is great and the candy is cheap pick some up before you go!. Outside we saw river otters playing under the bridge that was cool.

Blountville, TN
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Rushed tour and in need of customer service training”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Touring caves is something we share with our grandchildren. This was a first tour for our 3 and 4 year old grandchildren, and was a good first tour for them. However, it is nothing great or impressive for those who have toured other caves. The tour guide was knowledgable, but sounded very rehearsed. Those we bought tickets from were rude, and I would love to go in and teach them a little customer service. I agree with a previous review, it was very rushed and since it is a small cave, you are constantly running into other tours. There are a few impressive spots, and I'm glad we went, but we won't return. The young lady at the cash register was very friendly and helpful as we purchased a few souvenirs. The price is a good price for the size, with our grandchildren getting in free.

Norfolk, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Quirky cavern tour of mediocre caverns”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We weren't expecting the caverns to rock our worlds after the stunning splendour of the Luray caverns, but I would rate this cavern system as slightly better than the Natural Bridge caverns. It would have been improved if we could understand one word in 5 spoken by our heavily accented guide, who seemed pleasant enough, but really was unintelligible. He kept asking "Am I confusing you?" as though we were all a bunch of morons, but it was only his accent we couldn't understand. Still, he was quite funny and we particularly enjoyed the claustrophobic corridor with the deep pool underneath. The tour felt very rushed and there was another group leaving and one arriving before we could get out, so I am not sure it was worth the money, but if I did our trip again I would keep it in the itinerary.

1 Thank Angel W
Jamestown, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a great time on our tour. Our guide was funny and knowledgeable. Just the right length for younger kids. Truly a national treasure! The gift shop is particularly nice with lots of lower priced gemstones and rocks that my kids loved. Go!