“If you haven't done it you should” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Marion
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“If you haven't done it you should”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We've done this tour before but it's been many years. As the boys have gotten older it seems the caverns have gotten smaller. It was a nice way to spend an hour, our guide was nice enough but a little lacking on information. We were there on a very busy day so there was some back up in the caverns, because of this if you are afraid of small and damp places I wouldn't recommend. Also, my son is 6'9", this was a tight fit for him. It is very sad to hear what's happening to our bats in these caverns, white nose syndrome, learning about that was interesting. The price was reasonable for what you toured, pair is stop with a hike or a picnic lunch and you have a good family day.

Visited July 2014

High Point, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Okay for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stopped in for a quick visit on our way to asheville. My daughter enjoyed it but I felt the guide could have been more enthusiastic. The tour was also very short. Wish there were mote places to walk into to see. A lot of what we seen the guide said had been restored by man so it took away the excitement a little.

Visited July 2014
Durham, North Carolina
833 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 946 helpful votes
“small, narrow, tight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's the tightest cavern we have ever been in. It was still interesting but if you are claustrophobic at all you should not go inside. One passage you had to turn sideways to get through. At one point they load everyone into a corner and then tell them to look down. You are standing on a grate and they tell you divers have never found the bottom of the pit. You should wear shoes with good tread because the floor is very slick and you will be dripped on. When we left the tour guide told everyone to be sure to wash their hair as soon as they could because you could start growing things in your hair from the dripping water. I don't know if this is true or not but I washed my hair.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cheryl h
Boynton Beach, Florida
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“NOT BATS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you remember the 1970's movie Tom Sawyer there was a part where Tom was running away from Indian Joe and he went into some cave. This place reminded me of that sop much. It was really a cool place. If it's a hot day this is the place to go, so nice inside. There were no bats during the summer time so don't panic if you are afraid they are only there in the winter. My camera took good photos inside and there are a few tight squeezes inside but it is all walkable. Don't were flip flops or sandals. I saw so many people at mountains and caves wearing the wrong footwear. It is slippery in there and you need to have sneakers at least. NO croc's , The gift shop is great and the candy is cheap pick some up before you go!. Outside we saw river otters playing under the bridge that was cool.

Visited June 2014
Blountville, TN
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Rushed tour and in need of customer service training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Touring caves is something we share with our grandchildren. This was a first tour for our 3 and 4 year old grandchildren, and was a good first tour for them. However, it is nothing great or impressive for those who have toured other caves. The tour guide was knowledgable, but sounded very rehearsed. Those we bought tickets from were rude, and I would love to go in and teach them a little customer service. I agree with a previous review, it was very rushed and since it is a small cave, you are constantly running into other tours. There are a few impressive spots, and I'm glad we went, but we won't return. The young lady at the cash register was very friendly and helpful as we purchased a few souvenirs. The price is a good price for the size, with our grandchildren getting in free.

Visited June 2014