“Excellent food and friendly service.”

Hook and Anchor Family Seafood
Ranked #20 of 78 Restaurants in Marion
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Visited Hook and Anchor for the first time tonight. We were greeted at the door by a very friendly gentleman that welcomed and seated us. We were really surprised at the size of the menu. Had offerings in both fried and broiled seafood ( my husband likes fried/I like broiled). Waitress was very prompt and friendly. Our food was served in just a few minutes and was hot and fresh. My husband said his fried flounder was delicious. I chose the salad bar with my meal instead of coleslaw - fantastic salad bar. Everything was fresh and an amazing selection. My broiled flounder was very good - spiced just right and not greasy at all. This restaurant was well worth the 40+ mile round trip drive. We definitely have another "favorite" restaurant to go to.

1  Thank KathyB28

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Had a shrimp and flounder plate the shrimp was bread crumbs and one piece of flounder had a frozen taste. Poor quality food and prep. of meal

1  Thank BPALLEN
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I and my husband was hungry and had decided to go to Hook and anchor the parking lot was full so that was a good idea that the place was a good place to eat this was on a Friday .We got seated and noticed the right of us was a church group ,however our side had only 8 people .There was 3 waitress taking care of this side .We sat and waited 30 minutes before getting something to drink and was fixing to walk out when the waitress who was standing and talking came and brought 4 hush puppies and ask if we wanted something to drink by this time we had decided we would get the perch and shrimp all you could eat .We waited 30 to 40 minutes before getting the food when it arrived my husband had 6 tiny shrimp and a baked potatoe and I had a very small piece of flounder the size of a kids hand and a bake potatoe .we said to the waitress we would have another serving of the flounder and shrimp she said the special only covers the white fish .The menue said special Wednesday thru Friday all you can eat of white fish ,flounder, shrimp this was a rip off as far as I could see not to mention false advertising the waitress just laughed and walked off but not before leaving a nice bill.We could have gotten faster service at Mcdonalds .The other side the church group had their set of waitress and looked like they were really happy ,I am sorry to say if I want seafood again I will drive to Asheville NC where they are happy to serve you .I will not eat at Hook and Anchors again its a waste of money and your time .I would advise anyone to go else where to eat .this place is awful.

2  Thank Shirley P
Reviewed 23 November 2013

OK, it may not be near the ocean, but still they know how to cook up a good meal fried or broiled. Highly recommend anything on the menu. Prices are VERY reasonable.