“Lovely Inn!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Blue Ridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marion
Inn at Blue Ridge
Ranked #2 of 4 Marion B&B and Inns
NC
“Lovely Inn!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just returned home from a trip to the NC mountains and stayed at the Inn at Blue Ridge. What a lovely place. Very clean. Wonderful prices! Couldn't believe how affordable the rooms were. Charlie is such a nice gentleman. Very kind and attentive. We will return to the Inn at Blue Ridge for sure. The rooms overlook a golf course with a fresh water stream just feet from your back door. You can sit on the back porch on your private balcony in the rocking chairs and just listen to the babbling stream and relax. The Inn is close to many of the attractions yet it is still off the beaten path. Perfect location. There was lots of fresh fruit and pastries for breakfast and Charlie has soft music playing in the background. We were thrilled to find this gem!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tsaun

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Punta Gorda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

A great peaceful place to stay. Charlie and his staff are very friendly and helpful. A real hidden gem with beautiful scenery and short drive to most local attractions. Continental breakfast had a variety of at least five fresh fruits.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cecil W
Rising Sun, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We were traveling on our family vacation. Not many choices of places to stay in this area. When planning our vacation we saw this place had good reviews on tripadvisor so we booked two rooms. Upon arrival, it was obvious that the place was dated, but that wasn't a big deal. We checked in and the gentleman (owner) was very nice. I noticed a cleanliness rating posted (dated 2013) with a score of 98. All seemed well. As we unloaded our luggage (which was upstairs and I don't believe there was an elevator), my husband found a dead cockroach on the bedroom floor. We started putting our things on counters to get them off the floor. We continued to unload. Coming up the stairs we spotted another roach on the stairs. At that point, we decided it was time to leave. Fortunately we were able to get a room in a hotel about 20 minutes away. My husband checked us out and said the owner was nice and seemed to understand, but didn't really seemed surprised. I'm glad the bugs we saw were dead but we left because there could've been live ones that we just didn't see. It's really ashamed.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TheHammFamily
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

With the rates Charlie charges I would like to know how he stays in business. Beautiful cross between a B & B and an upscale motel, the Inn is located on a Golf Course and right on 221.
The breakfasts are simple. but the place is neat and clean. The rooms are teriffic, including an in room fireplace and a privite deck overlooking the course. It is a little off the beaten path, but certainly worth the trip(maybe 25 min. north of US 40.
If you are ever in this part of the world you would be nuts to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank michaelxallen
Akron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

If crossing the BR Parkway, you can find this Inn off of 221. I strongly suggest using the 221 exit, it is five mile pleasant curvy drive off the mountain to the Inn. The inn rooms overlook a golf course, hole no, 9. The decor is early american/victorian and has the charm of a B&B. The owner/manager is Charlie, and you basically don't find better folk, a wonderful helpful and friendly man. I suspect his late wife Jan had much to do with planning out carefully every room as it definitely has a lady's touch. The rooms are clean and our bed was an Xtra long KIng and very comfy. The back porches with rockers are a great way to rest up in the evening for a day of touring, We rode up to the restaurant "Italian" in LInville Falls for dinner about 12 miles north of the Inn and I recommend this place as well for pizza and pasta. It is a dry county, but we brought our own bourbon. Thank you Charlie for the wonderful stay and I hope you have plenty of visitors to keep you company!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dallamjm
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We decided to take a last minute trip to the mountains. We called this place from the car on the way up. $80, we knew nothing about the place and was kinda expecting a hole in the wall type place. We pulled into the lot at night and thought this place looks pretty nice. We got into the Angelica room. Holy Cow. We couldn't believe it. It was huge, stone fire place, decorated so nice. Had rocking chairs on the back porch looking onto the golf course and stream. Breakfast was included. Had lots of cut up fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, breads, muffins. We did some hiking at Lynville which was close by and went 30 minutes to the Little Switzerland area. Charlie who runs the place was soooo nice and helpful. We loved our stay here and would definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvacationing
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just finished spending the weekend at the Inn at Blue Ridge. What a lovely property! First description that comes to my mind is relaxation. It is an older establishment that backs up to a golf course but is very clean and I really liked Charlie, the innkeeper. He reminded me of my grandfather and he had a calming demeanor and a sweet smile. I was staying at the hotel while my husband taught at a local fire school so I had the day to explore the area. First I hiked to Tom's Creek waterfall and thoroughly enjoyed my time in nature, then I drove to Asheville for a few hours to do some shopping (which wasn't quite as enjoyable). After that I came back and spent time in the rocking chair on the back deck of our room which overlooked a large stream. Even took a little nap in the sun. Continental breakfast had more than enough choices and a beautiful dining area which overlooked the golf course. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we hope to go back one day soon and do some more exploring in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pw205
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Skyline Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Glen Alpine
Springmaid Mountain
Springmaid Mountain
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine

Been to Inn at Blue Ridge? Share your experiences!