“I had a very pleasant stay,will be back soon”

Comfort Inn Mars Hills
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mars Hill
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The lady at the front desk was very courteous and helpful.Nice flat screen tvs,rooms were clean and bed was comfortable.A little on the pricey side

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Mars Hills

Reviewed 21 October 2011

This was my first time in a Choice Hotel. Want to see if I can go Diamond in 2 months :-). Anyways it was an average location. I don't think it was worth 100 dollars but it was clean and i think the only decent hotel in the immediate area. The staff was nice. The changing of the seasons is what made this hotel so expensive I think. The room was decent. I have no real complaints about this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Vinod P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mars Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you for staying with us and look foward to seeing you in the near future.. safe travels with Choice hotels.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Mars Hill, NC for a weekend this past July 2011 and it was adequate. The front desk people were pleasant and helpful recommending local restaurants. The hotel check-in area and rooms were clean and the pool area was nice. There were new flat screen TV's and our room have a mini-fridge and microwave. The "free" breakfast was okay, about what you expect at a Comfort Inn. The hotel looked like it had been updated in the past couple of years but still looked kind of tired overall. The price was right and it is convenient to Mars Hill College.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Being broke down and having my truck worked on, this hotel was my only choice in the area. Their "special" rate was a post-tax amount of $100.60 and the clerk took great pains to deride other cheaper motels and say how great theirs is. The room was nice with a flat-panel TV and all the amenities you would expect, but the recliner was broken down and there were burn marks on the tub. The free breakfast was good with a decent variety, but I found myself wondering what made this $100 hotel better than the $50 ones I usually stay in? I would say nothing did. There was absolutely nothing more special here than elsewhere and I have to admit being disappointed by it. Stay only if you have to.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I arrived just before noon, and was pleased to find that my room was ready, even though checkin was not until 3 pm. The front desk clerk was pleasant and helpful, as were all the others I encountered during my stay.

The room, which had been recently updated according to staff, was clean, neat, and furnished with modern style pieces. The mattresses were obviously new, and were very comfortable. A mini-fridge, microwave, and coffeepot were all present. The TV was a large flat screen. There was a desk chair and one other chair, which was fine for the 2 of us. The closet area was average sized. The lighting could be better, but wasn't too bad, especially at the areas we really needed it, like the desk and over the beds. The bathroom was clean with plenty of nice towels. The shower curtain was on one of the curved bars, making it much nicer when using the shower. There was a single sink in a long counter, giving lots of space for toiletries, etc. They do provide shampoo and body lotion, but no conditioner or body wash.

Wireless internet was free with a code from the front desk. They wrote it on my key holder--I didn't even have to ask. Breakfast is provided in the morning, including our favorite--the waffle machine. Various breads and muffins, cereals and oatmeal, biscuits and sausage gravy, and "egg patties" (probably scrambled eggs, but formed into a patty), along with juices and coffee and tea, were all available. The breakfast room is bright and cheerful, with a TV and sitting area. There is also a computer station with a printer where I was able to print out my boarding pass for the flight home.

The location, just off Exit 11 of "Future" Route 26 in Mars Hill, was very convenient to my son's school where we were visiting. However, there is not much else there. A grocery store and a CVS, a Waffle House (the worst one I've been to), and a bunch of gas station/convenience store places were pretty much it. Oh, there was a Japanese restaurant too. We ended up driving 15 miles down to Weaverville to get a decent dinner. Fortunately, we were out most of the day down in Asheville, so there was plenty there.

We needed to do laundry, which was conveniently located on the floor we stayed on. There is nothing posted regarding the price, which we figured out by counting the number of slots for quarters. Turns out it's $1.50 per load to wash and the same to dry. They do not offer any soap for sale, so we bought it at the grocery store nearby.

If you need a location in the Mars Hill area, there aren't any other choices that I'm aware of, but this hotel is definitely a good choice. I'll be staying there again for sure.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same amenities. Pets are allowed on the first floor only. Washer and dryer...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times. They recently renovated the rooms. They are extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast is above some of the hotels that we've stayed at which have more stars. There is something for everyone. The pool was very clean and a great way of spending a hot afternoon. The management are very warm. We'll be back real soon.

Room Tip: newly renovated and clean
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Had to go to Asheville for a baseball tournament every hotel in Asheville was over $120 and the reviews were so so but for a hotel that had any type of good reputation was over $150. Anyway... I read the reviews to this hotel and was pleasantly surprised at what everyone had to say and booked the hotel. When we pulled up the area was clean, the staff was nice and the rooms all have just recently been updated and remodeled. Breakfast was good it offered, waffles, gravy and biscuits with eggs, bagels, yogurt, cereal, toast, coffee a variety of juices. The rooms were very clean. The 4 bad reviews on here are from a long time ago and the management is new. So it is worth the 20 minute drive outside of Asheville to stay in a clean, up to date, friendly hotel. We have already booked for Thanksgiving again about $100 less per a night than any other hotel during that time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mars Hill
Mountain Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Sleep Inn West
Sleep Inn West
#17 of 66 in Asheville
Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road
Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East

Been to Comfort Inn Mars Hills? Share your experiences!