“Super hotel!”

Comfort Inn North of Asheville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mars Hill
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I was attending a baseball camp at Mars Hill University with my son. I had considered staying closer to Asheville to save a little money per night. I am glad we chose to stay here. Very clean rooms and knowledgeable, friendly staff. Nathan was VERY helpful to us with providing directions and resolving an issue with our locked room door. Breakfast included waffles, fruit, bagels, cereal, etc. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Vinod P, Manager at Comfort Inn North of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our staff takes pride in treating our guests with an optimum customer service experience. They are extremely knoweldgeable about the area and love to make recommendations about the unknown jewels in our community. We look forward to your next stay with us!!!!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I loved staying there. It was an awesome experience. Cleanliness, room service, breakfast & staff's hospitality was very much loving. We have been out tootling around the mountains of NC, looking at the beautiful leaves. We got on the interstate I-26, just so we could find a place for the night. We have always had good experience at "Choice Family of Hotels" so we stopped. Staff was especially friendly and helpful, for local eating places and info. After...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Vinod P, Manager at Comfort Inn North of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review!! The views from our hotel of the mountains are quite breath taking. That is one of the reasons I chose to work at this hotel. We have a great staff who takes pride in the hotel and the service that they provide our guests. Each staff member stays up to date about what restaurants are available and which ones to recommend. We look forward to your next stay with us!!!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

i went to see my son,he goes to mars hill university.when i called to let them know i would be arriving late.I was told it was booked for tomarrow night.my friend at the front desk found me a room.And told me he would she me in the morning.Very nice people work at this comfort in hotel,very clean rooms and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the kind review. We work diligently to ensure that each guest is pleased with their accommodations. We enjoy having you with us and look forward to your next stay!!! We consider it a privilege to serve Mars Hill University parents!!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We booked a room in this Comfort Inn because we were attending a large conference at Mars Hill University and this is the closest hotel. We made our reservations on line and did not realize we were assigned a smoking room. By the time we arrived late in the evening, no non-smoking rooms were available. The entire hallway to our room was smoky and the room itself was unbearably smoky. The bedding and the rugs were dirty and very dated. I had to leave the room because the air was so smoky and stood by the elevators as I desperately called other area hotels to find a free room at that late hour. We have stayed in Comfort Inns many times before, but we have never stayed in one as bad as this one in Mars Hill. Even though we had already pre-paid for the room, we could not consider spending the night in this hotel. We had to drive more than 20 miles away to find another hotel at that late hour of the night. I travel a good deal and stay in hotels 35 plus nights a year on average - this is the only time I have left a hotel because of such poor living conditions. I can only imagine this hotel is attractive to chain smoking patrons who otherwise have a difficult time finding smoking rooms. As I left, Nathan insisted Comfort Inn would not provide a refund for the room I was leaving. I did not even care, I was just glad I would not have to stay in this hotel.

The rave reviews about this hotel on this site do not seem genuine to me after my recent visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa M
Vinod P, Manager at Comfort Inn North of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I am so sorry that you were not pleased with your accommodations. We work extremely hard to please our guest's. Unfortunately, at times, due to availability we are unable to make everyone happy. It is our hope that you will rerurn to the area and give us a call directly so we can accommodate your needs and you may experience the hotel like the rest of our guests do!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We have been out tootling around the mountains of NC, looking at the beautiful leaves. We got on the interstate I-26, just so we could find a place for the night. We have always had good experience at "Choice Family of Hotels" so we stopped. Staff was especially friendly and helpful, for local eating places and info. After driving around the area, we have decided that we will stay here again, on our next trip this way. It was clean, comfortable and the price fit our senior budget.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vinod P, Manager at Comfort Inn North of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!!! We appreciate our guest's feedback. We strive to give our guest's an exceptional experience, and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!!!! We have made vast improvements to our hotel, and we will soon have new bedding!!! We look forward to hosting you again really soon!!!!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were on a trip and just stayed wherever we pulled in. I always like Comfort Inns and I was not disappointed in this one. The only complaint I had was the bed was a little high and hard to get up on. The bed was very comfortable though. It's a lovely hotel. The breakfast was more than adequate and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We work very hard to ensure that our guest's have an exceptional experience. We have worked meticulouly making the hotel better and more comfrotable!!! Our staff strives for excellence in customer service. We will soon have new bedding and even more improvements! We look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

wonderful experience. staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. took great care to make sure we knew about all amenities, including the continental breakfast. room was clean; beds comfortable. and we did not even feel "pressured" to be out by 11 [standard check-out time]. because of our circumstances, were allowed to stay half and hour beyond check out. would highly recommend this comfort inn to all travelers to mars hill.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vinod P, Manager at Comfort Inn North of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is nice to hear that the staff treated you well during your stay and that you had such a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you again really soon!!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mars Hill
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East
Mountain Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East
Carolina Country Inn
Carolina Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Burnsville

Been to Comfort Inn North of Asheville? Share your experiences!