“Great experience”

Smoky Mountain Trail Rides and Bison Farm
Ranked #6 of 16 things to do in Marshall
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The scenery was beautiful, staff was knowledgable and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank jjhalli
in 5 reviews
"beautiful horses"
"bison herd"
in 2 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"first timers"
"activity"
"helmets"
"instructions"

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This trail is beautiful. It's a total of 10 miles if you go all the way but it is well worth it. It's a popular trail so you don't be alone. Great for all levels of hikers. Start early to get a parking place. Bathroom and bag lunch avail if you go all the way to le conte lodge

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Our trip got off to a bit of a slow start. (The horses were just coming off their winter of grazing and some weren't too excited to be saddled back up.) But once we got going, the sights were beautiful!!! Only did the one hour, but wished for more time to see more of the beautiful mountains!!! Steep trails, but a great ride!!! Thanks y'all!!!

1  Thank Bgrahamcracker
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We went on the 2-hour guided trail ride at Smokey Mountain Trail Rides on Thursday, September 27, 2012. We had such a good time! I was pleased that the guide was willing to take just two people (my husband and me), and that it didn't change the price to have a "private" ride. The atmosphere was really relaxed. The trail was beautiful, and I can only imagine how lovely it will be when the fall colors fire up. There were a couple of very nice views, and the views would improve as the leaves start falling off and opening up more vistas. The horses (Smoke and Scout) were gentle and well-behaved. The guide, Scott, was very personable and gave us lots of information about the working bison farm, the horses, the land and its historical structures, and more.

We were staying in Asheville, and it was a short (less than 30 minutes) drive to Marshall. We have done the trail ride at the Biltmore Estate previously, and Smokey Mountain Trail Rides was much superior. You get a longer and prettier ride for less!

2  Thank TJ W
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My husband and I went on the 2 hour guided trail ride. We did not call ahead so the guide (scott) suggested we have lunch at The French Broad River Cafe (excellent) while he got the horses ready. I have only riden on one other trail ride and I enjoyed this very much. My husband is more expierenced on horses and he said it was a very relaxing ride. Scott was very informative , telling the history of the farm and land and about all the animals at the farm and about how great the owner was. I rode Miss Morgan and my husband rode Smokey. The horses were easy to handle and knew the routine of the trail. Scott took pictures of us on the horses with our camera. I highly recommend this trail ride if you want to expierence horseback riding. We would do this again.

1  Thank MustangBella