“Very nice hotel. Had a great nights sleep and hotel staff is very friendly!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Napoleon, OH
“Very nice hotel. Had a great nights sleep and hotel staff is very friendly!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked this hotel off Priceline, and got what I thought was a great rate, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly, and the hotel was quiet and I had a great nights sleep!

During my stay, I tried the fitness room, used the hotel Wifi, and ate the continental breakfast. All of them met my expectations. In addition, I will repeat the hotel was very quiet. It was busy, but I never heard anything during the night. Slept better here then I do at my own home!

Room Tip: Hotel is on a busy road. Stay toward back if possible. We were on second floor and had a very quiet...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
JanieCarpenter, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear OhioLW
Thank you so much for the great review. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest here at Quality Inn Stallings/Matthews. It is always rewarding when our guest share their thoughts about our staff and facility and know that we go out of our way make their stay as enjoyable as possible. Once again on behalf of the QI Team Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on TripAdvisor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had to find a hotel unexpectedly late at night, found this Quality Inn in the middle of nowhere. Wasn't expecting much, but Jon the gentleman at the front desk provided world class customer service and helped us make the most of very trying circumstances. Room was great, clean, and quiet, breakfast was outstanding and everything was surprisingly pleasant. Plan to stay at this hotel again if I am ever in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are preferable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
JanieCarpenter, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you choosing to stay with us here at the Quality Inn & Suites Matthews. It was pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and on behalf of John and the entire QI Team Thank You once again.
Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our last night out on a 15 night road trip, this was hotel #6. Picked it on account of all the great reviews combined with the decent price. Terms like awesome and fantastic in the reviews. Arrived quite late and tired, check in was fast and friendly. We were given a room at ground level facing the front, which worked for us as it facilitated quick and easy loading and unloading. Now honestly it didn't really look like a recently renovated room, but would have been fine except for the musty smell that would not quit. Debated going back to desk, wife said it didn't really bother her, but she's been hit badly by allergies and maybe cannot smell anything. And she was beat and not receptive to anything that would add to the time it took to get to bed. Was it just me, well, I had no such issue in any of the 5 prior hotels. Other than that, it would have been ok for the money. It was facing, and close to, a very busy highway but very little sound was heard in the room. Bed was average, not near as nice as the 2 prior hotels we had most recently stayed in (which were slightly more costly hotels). Honestly the musty smell interferred with sleep (the pillows smelled musty, or, I thought they did) and I finally had some prescription pills, then slept in some in the am. Showered, packed, and went, missed breakfast, and no opportunity to see anything like pool, and cannot comment on any of that. For cleanliness - I did not see anything that concerned me, visually all was pretty good, but when there is an off-smell, you're going to conclude that something is wrong in the broad area of cleanliness. Bottom line is I'd pass on it next time.

Room Tip: I cannot recall our room number, but as you exit lobby, turn left and it's along that row, groun...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stevematlbch
I would to take this opportunity, to apologize for inconvenience at our hotel. I have taken the issue to housekeeping and all levels of management to make sure this does not happen again. Once again on behalf of the QI Team we deeply apologize and hope that you would consider staying again with us in the future I would like for you to give me a call to discuss this matter in more depth at 704-821-9800
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a very clean and nice place to stay. We only spent one night there, but the staff was very friendly. The hot breakfast was very good. They had eggs, biscuits, potatoes, and other hot and cold items. There was definitely plenty of food. The staff let me have a late checkout so that my granddaughters and I could swim. Thank you for that extra time. I would definitely go back here again.

Room Tip: They have both inside doors and outside doors, so make sure you ask when you book for your preferenc...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for posting your review here on Trip Advisor. It was pleasure having you stay us here at the Quality Inn & Suites Matthews/Stallings. We hope to see you on your next visit to Matthews/Stallings area. Once again on behalf of the QI Team Thank You.
ElPaso
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Clean room, comfy bed, fast internet, beautiful pool, great hot breakfast and friendly staff...what more could you need? They even have a chair at the pool that helps disabled guests get in and out. I was quite impressed with this hotel and the price was great too. The next time my company has me in this area I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JanieCarpenter, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you so much for posting your review here on TripAdvisor, It is always a rewarding experience to hear such positive reviews about our hotel. We certainly hope that your travels will bring you back soon. If you should need any reservations or questions answered please give us a call directly at 7048219800 Once again on behalf of the entire team Thank you!!!
Letart
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were very pleased with this property. The entire facility was very clean, the staff was very accommodating and the rooms were quite comfy. The hot breakfast was a nice bonus! It was a short 25 minute drive to Charlotte Motor Speedway and was surrounded by many nice shops and restaurants. I was very impressed with all that this hotel brings for the price!

Room Tip: After searching many hotels in the area this was the only one that had a hot breakfast, pristine cle...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review, it was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. We take great pride in providing the guest with a clean comfortable room with great amenities and a hot breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Charlotte area for Speed week. Once again on behalf of our entire team Thank you. Should you need any help with future reservations please call us directly at 704-821-9800
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about the quality of the hotel and staff on our recent trip to the area. I had to travel on business late in the week and early the following week so I brought the family...my wife, kids, and I truly enjoyed every part of our stay! From the room, to breakfast, even exercise room, and location as close/convenient to almost everything you can think of. I can say with out a doubt I will stay here as would my family when we are back in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Guest R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear DMonday
Thank you, for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel here on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire staff we would like to say it was a pleasure to host you and your family here at the Quality Inn & Suites Matthews. Once again Thank You and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. If you should need reservations please give us a call here at 704-821-9800

Janie Carpenter & Staff