“excellent experience”

Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Can not fault the hotel. Happy hour from Monday to Thursday 17.00 to 19.00 hours. Good sized pool. Everything around. plenty of restaraunts and malls near by. Very handy to get to places of interest. Bus station right out back which takes you in to up-town Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

The Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews loves to hear good responses from our valued travelers. Thank you for your recognition through Tripadvisor of our entire team's dedication to providing a great stay, every visit. Know that our operation is constantly working on ways to improve on the details to ensure you can expect an outstanding stay every time. Being able to make a difference in the lives of our guests is the true reward for the work that we do. We will ensure that all team members mentioned receive the recognition they deserve. Your response helps us to provide superior customer service to all the guests of the Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to serving you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located, extremely clean and friendly staff. Desk clerk, Taylor is so nice and accommodating. What a pleasure she was and so helpful with questions, directions, etc. would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your kind response through Tripadvisor. We are honored to be your preferred hotel when visiting Matthews, North Carolina. Every member of the hotel staff here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews prides itself on providing superior customer service to every guest we come in contact with especially our valued business travelers. It was nice to hear that you were able to enjoy the many amenities offered to our guests. We will make sure to recognize Taylor for her positvie attitude and her focus on customer service. We promise to continue to improve our operation so that future guests can enjoy the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthew's sourthern charm. We look forward to your next visit to Matthews.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was perfect location for us. Close to family in one direction and close to the city in the other. Had a minor issue with the air conditioning in the room but Taylor at the front desk was helpful with it. Also the manager of the hotel called after our stay and was fantastic and concerned about our issue. Tons of places to eat around the hotel...a lot in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews through the TripAdvisor website. The entire team here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews works very hard to provide a clean room and friendly surroundings for every guest, every visit. I will ensure Taylor is recognized for her friendly demeanor and positive attitude. We really value our guests and want to make sure we can support them no matter what their need may be during their visit. Please keep us in mind on your future visits to Charlotte/Matthews. Thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I were therefor a night and my mom was there for a few nights. One extra night for her due to being to sick to leave. Carly booked the room an extra night for her. She helped me locate my brother which took a while too. My brother left that day and so did my husband and I. I called my mom the following day and was worse. My husband and I were going to come back and get my mom (we are 2 hours away) I called the front desk and Carly was there again. She delivered some hot tea to her room and some plain cereal too for her being she couldnt get out of bed. SHe also talked with her for a few moments too.
She just really went above and beyond what her job requires her to do. She is so awesome and I recommend asking for her if you need anything at all. I would not hesitate to stay there again if I am in the area. Thanks again so much Carly. YOU ROCK!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews through the TripAdvisor website. The entire team here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews works very hard to provide a clean room and friendly surroundings for every guest, every visit. I will ensure Carly is recognized for being a shining example of how to do whatever it takes to ensure our guests are cared for. We really value our guests and want to make sure we can support them no matter what their need may be during their visit. Please keep us in mind on your future visits to Charlotte/Matthews. Thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Excellent location, amenities, and staff. However, on the Memorial day weekend with graduations, marriages, and other events occuring the breakfast staffing (1) was totally inadequate. The staff, one plus desk clerk when available and guest cooperation was totally inadequate.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for your customer review through Tripadvisor. It is vital that we receive the guest's true interpretation of their experience so that we can improve our operations to ensure a better guest experience in the future. We were disappointed to hear about the challenges you faced with breakfast during your recent visit. I would be happy to discuss your stay and see if there is anything that can be done to make this situation right with you. There was a wedding group that was in house over the Memorial Day weekend and they invited additional family members to meet at the hotel, which was more than what we could handle at breakfast. We would never want to you have to endure these distractions that could prevent you from having an enjoyable visit. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your stay and please give us a opportunity to serve you in the future to ensure you receive the type of treatment you deserve.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hampton Inn at Mathews is a very good hotel. Very clean and convenient to southeast Charlotte. Great restaurants nearby, but rush hour can be a challenge--beware. I had a problem obtaining entry into the hotel exterior doors that proved to be a problem multiple times. I finally got resolved for my one day stay after getting me room keys replaced.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

The Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews loves to hear good responses from our valued guests. Thank you for your recognition through Tripadvisor of our entire team's dedication to providing a great stay, every visit. Know that our operation is constantly working on ways to improve on the details to ensure you can expect an outstanding stay every time. Knowing you had a wonderful nights rest and your room provided everything you needed is the staff's ultimate goal. Your responses helps us to provide superior customer service to all the guest's of the Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two evenings for a family wedding. The hotel was kept very clean and it appeared they must have done a renovation recently, as all the carpeting and most furnishings in the room looked new. The front desk was consistently friendly and welcoming. My only complaint would be the breakfast. However, the complaint is against Hampton Inn as a whole and not this particular spot. I just don't care for the selection or quality. It is located near to many restaurants which was convenient for our situation. I would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Matthews on TripAdvisor. All Hampton properties strive to ensure that each guest receives a freshly made bed and a spotless room every stay. It warms our hearts to hear that you enjoyed your visit because that is what our goal is for every guest who visits this hotel. We would love to extend a heartfelt thank you and let you know that you will always be welcomed back here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews! We love having you here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews? Share your experiences!