“Excellent, Relaxing Stay”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Excellent, Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Matthews for the Panthers preseason game last weekend for 2 nights. The room was comfortable, well appointed and I experienced no issues during my stay. The front desk agent Ela was very helpful and professional when I asked questions about the area. I enjoyed the breakfast, it had a variety of selections . The hotel has a different breakfast than might normally be expected at a Hampton Inn, but it had all of the essential items. Thanks for the excellent service Hampton Inn Matthews! This location has quick access to Uptown on the east side of Charlotte. I will definitely be staying here on my next visit to the Queen City. You can tell that the staff prides itself on what they do and truly care if you have a pleasant stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful response through Tripadvisor! Your review was one of the most complementary reviews we have ever recieved! It really made us happy to hear that you had a great stay! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews for the Panther's preseason game. We are all thrilled that football is returning. I will make sure that Ela is recognized for her positive attitude and friendly demeanor. Having satisfied customers is the best marketing a hotel can recieve. Having past guests who spread the word about how enjoyable their stay had been will really resonate with future guests. We welcome you to return for all your visits to Charlotte/Matthews because we LOVE HAVING YOU HERE!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

In town for business, and traveling with a colleague. This Hampton was recently renovated and it is very well done. Beautiful lobby, wonderfully appointed and comfortable rooms. But what really stood out was the level of service. Even for a short stay, the exceptionally cheerful, friendly, and helpful folk at the front desk were exceptional - offering very good recommendations for local dining, holding very friendly conversation, and reviewing Diamond member benefits very professionally and thoroughly. I will certainly return when next in town on business, and I encourage others to look to this excellent Hampton for their needs, too!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

The Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews loves to hear good responses from our valued guests. Thank you for your recognition through Tripadvisor of our entire team's dedication to providing a great stay, every visit. Know that our operation is constantly working on ways to improve on the details to ensure you can expect an outstanding stay every time. We understand what business travelers have to deal with when working from the road. I will ensure that the entire staff is recognized for their efforts to make you feel like you are returning "home" when visiting the Hampton Inn Matthews. Your responses help us to provide superior customer service to all the guests of the Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Accokeek, Maryland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Mirror, mirrors on the wall; who the best hotel of all? This one!
The front desk staff are true worker bees! Whether they were assisting customers at the desk, on the phone or taking towels to someone, it was always with a pleasant attitude.They always had an infectious smile, pleasant personality and a caring conversation. Check in and check out was very efficient. The young lady who cleaned my room was wonderful as well.

Now my FAVORITE part of this entire stay was MY ROOM - room 116. I normally do not stay on the first floor of any hotel, but this room was ready and I was ready. I absolutely fell in love with the design of the bathroom - it had a corner sink and tri-panel mirror! Additionally there was full length mirror on the bathroom door. So while putting on my make-up and combing my hair, I could see all sides AND the back simultaneously. (I took pictures, that how much I loved it)

Also, there was a mirror over the desk as well as a full length mirror on the wall near the closet and window. I never knew how much mirrors meant to me until now. (SMILE)

Finally, I loved that fact that there was a fully stocked, free, 24 hour coffee bar; they provided hot cookies as well.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Room 116 was superb.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the response through TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide a consitent product with great service. Our staff goes out of there way to make your stay enjoyable. I will ensure that the staff is recognized for their efforts to make your last visit memorable. I am proud to say that the Hampton Inn Charlotte-Matthews has the best staff in the Matthews area. This allows us to keep great customers like you coming back to our property. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Matthews! We love having you stay with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Upbeat accommodating service place. Quiet, model hotel. Lots of free parking. Breakfast had something for everybody plus bagged option. Contributed to my vacation enjoyment. Only downside is hot water and coffee after breakfast lukecold.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
The Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Tripadvisor. I will make sure the staff is recognized and rewarded for their efforts in making a difference during your visit. The entire team at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is really movtivated when we hear that we have succeeded in our mission, to provide superior service and clean surroundings everytime. We were excited to hear that everything you needed was located within walking distance of our hotel. The staff looks forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future. We love having you here! Thank you for choosing Hampton.
Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The staff is very helpful and friendly. They promptly responded to our every request. An Applebee's is next door, very convenient.
First, we were in a room with two queens. Very cramped! No room for the desk chair, and the other chair was next to the air conditioner.
They gave us a king room the next day. The arrangement was better.
The TV and cable worked well with plenty of channels. The room was clean. Bathrooms small. The beds were not particularly comfortable. Typical breakfast. Snacks provided in the evenings.
I have stayed at better furnished Hamptons, but overall our experience was good. The location was near many good restaurants and stores. Beautiful area.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the response through TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide a consitent product with a great service. Our staff goes out of there way to make your stay enjoyable. I am proud to say that the Hampton Inn Charlotte-Matthews has the best staff in the Matthews area. This allows us to keep great customers like you coming back to our property. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Matthews!
Wilmington, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel was near many highway interchanges, restaurants, and shopping. The rooms were very clean. We have stayed at a few different hotels in and around Matthews trying to find the best stay. So far, this one is it. The quality for the money is unmatched. The only drawback is the HVAC. The humidity comes into the rooms and feels damp in the hallways & carpets.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Matthews on TripAdvisor. All Hampton properties strive to ensure that each guest receives a freshly made bed and a spotless room every stay. It warms our hearts to hear that you enjoyed your visit because that is what our goal is for every guest who visits this hotel. We would love to extend a heartfelt thank you and let you know that you will always be welcomed back here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews! We love having you here!
lavonia ga, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

sub par complimentary breakfast compared to recent Hampton Inns --- chose nearby Mcdonalds after first morning. The offering was wide variety but poor quality. Ice cold boiled eggs--- poor taste waffle batter-- frozen breakfast sandwichs ( similar to vending machines). Staff was efficient and courteous but as far as my stay there was no complimentary breakfast since I went across the road for breakfast after first day. My wife and Grandson ate at Mcdonalds every day due to poor offering after trying and rejecting their first try.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Matthews on Tripadvisor. The staff was excited to hear you enjoyed your visit and that you found our location clean and convenient. Unfortunately, the hotel can not obtain a food permit from the local health department due to the limited size of the kitchen in the lobby. HIlton has provided us an alternative breakfast solution that utilizes prepackaged breakfast items. I understand how this could be a challenge for guests who have special diets. Hampton is in the process of rolling out new breakfast items for hotels that have challenges similiar to our property. The hotel's food supplier has started to phase out certain items on our breakfast as they prepare for the new offerings. This has left the hotel in a tough spot because we are unable to get all of our usual items. Hampton has asked us to be patient as they roll out the new items. We ask that our guests do the same during this transitional period. The hotel will work to better communicate the reason for the difference in the breakfast so that guests are not caught offguard. Your recommendation and "thumbs up" approval will help us to secure more business opportunities in the future. Thank you from the entire team at the Hampton Inn Matthews and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews? Share your experiences!