Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

First night of five and check in smooth and swift.Fourth time here and a nice clean suite.Suite is nice with updated digital television.hotel it tucked backed of major highway makes it quite at night.Looking forward to using pool tomorrow.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for an overnight stay. Check in staff were very friendly, room was clean and fresh, breakfast was good. The only thing we could say bad was a noise on the elevator that was unsettling. Used the stairs. Would most definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel needs some updating but the rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. Great price. Good location. Easy to get to the highway from the hotel. I enjoyed the free breakfast and the cookies were yummy!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The people at the front desk seem pretty nice and really try to their best for you. The roomies themselves were clean and orderly. The beds were comfortable and adequate. The bathrobes were clean.
However, the place just seems outdated a bit. The decor needs to be updated. The rooms needs to be brighter and more vibrant. It screams cheap even though the price of the room was not.
The door to our room wouldn't close appropriately so that it would bolt lock properly. It took some to before we could get it to lock. I think the building is shifting.
The breakfast wasn't too bad since we thought that it would only be a continental breakfast of cereals, donuts and pastries. But they had eggs, sausage, hash browns and waffles.
It is an average hotel that probably should lower the cost of their rooms.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've used this hotel twice now while there repairs being made at my house. They are the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. They allow pets to stay with you and have plenty of "walking" areas. Could use a little updating in the rooms but they are immaculate.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had to find a place to stay in an emergency situation at my home when I drove past this place, I decided to stop. I needed a place to stay with my puppy dogs, well, these people here made my 58 days stay a pleasant surprise. When it was time for me to leave, I felt like I was leaving my best friends. They made me feel at home everyday I woke up and every day when I came home from work! Thank you to a great home away from home here in Matthews, NC.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have been staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Matthews, North Carolina for many years and therefore, the staff knows us by name and we enjoy talking with the employees at the front desk.

On our recent visit we were glad to see that new flat screen televisions were being installed in the guest rooms. The new television had such a clear picture that we felt we were at the movies.

The wet bar area also includes a microwave and mini refrigerator with a freezer. It was so nice to have a freezer in the room.

The entire third floor is now non smoking so we were fortunate to be able to upgrade to a suite on the third floor and it was so quiet not to have people walking over you.

Chris and Todd were working at the front desk during most of our stay and they each reminded us to get fresh baked cookies from the lobby. We were treated as special guests by the great staff at this hotel.

The breakfast was adequate and there was fresh coffee available in the breakfast room all day in addition to the coffee pot in the room.

The beds were comfortable and the pillows were especially comfortable.

The hotel has a room with a computer that guests may use so it was nice to catch up on email while on vacation.

We have stayed in numerous Country Inn & Suites but this hotel in Matthews is the best and has the best staff. Chris and Todd are excellent employees and make guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: The third floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E

Address: 2001 Mount Harmony Ch Rd, Matthews, NC 28104-4113
Region: United States > North Carolina > Matthews
#5 Family Hotel in Matthews
#5 Business Hotel in Matthews
Price Range: £61 - £78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E 2.5*
Welcome to One of the Top Matthews, NC Hotels The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E, NC welcomes guests with comfortable accommodations and friendly service. Convenient on-site amenities include a heated indoor pool, free high-speed Internet access, a fitness center and the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet. One of the most convenient Matthews, NC hotels, the Country Inn & Suites is an easy drive down I-485 or Highway 74 from all of the Charlotte area's top attractions, including Carowinds, Lowe's Motor Speedway and Uptown Charlotte. Book online today and discover the comfort and convenience of the Country Inn & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matthews Hotel Matthews