“Don't miss this restaurant!”
Review of Cafe 157

Cafe 157
Ranked #27 of 181 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "American Bistro, dine- in and a very beautiful patio. Serving lunch & dinner, good food (fine dining flair)".
Reston, Virginia
“Don't miss this restaurant!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The food was excellent. We liked the atmosphere and service was fine. We went back a second time, as we had enjoyed it so much.

Visited March 2014

Hgih Point, North Carolina
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The first time I visited Cafe 157 was New Year's Eve 2012 (I got the chicken alfredo). It was wonderful and a great experience all around. We live close to Cafe 157 so we have been there a couple times since. The past 3 times I've been there I have ordered the salmon…yum! But this past time I went there, I was very disappointed. They were closing early because of the snow coming in (Winter Storm Leon) but we were there an hour and a half before they closed…so no valid excuse. Also, our waiter was a little unprofessional and didn't seem to know what he was doing. He told us to wait to place our order twice after coming to our table….
It was an odd experience and I'm hoping just a one time thing or we will not be returning.

• Visited January 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A wonderful suprise.”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Just returned from dinner at Cafe 157 during restaurant week. Would'nt have know it even existed except saw it advertised as a participant. The food was excellent. My husband & I both had the NY strip,garlic mashed potatoes & asparagus.All were cooked perfectly.Steak was very tender & was an ample cut. The Belgian mousse torte cake ,served with fresh whipped cream, was phenominal! Our server Dora was very friendly & attentive.Have added this little gem to our short list of great local places to get both wonderful food & service.

• Visited January 2014
Charlotte NC
“Great outdoor space”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is an attractive former bank building in the center of Matthews with ample parking. We live nearby and drop by for dinner every so often. Tonight the scallops special sounded interesting. The scallops were cooked well, not overdone, but with some moistness. The bok choy and risotto were also tasty. However, the price ($35) for three scallops and sides was too high for a good but not fabulous meal. I had shrimp scampi and it tasted good. We enjoy sitting outside and would like this restaurant to stay open. We will continue to eat here on occasion.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank 82Natalie
“Awesome time”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

A wonderful experience highly recommend it !!!!!
Wine and dinner was incredible and service exceeded expectation
Will make this a regular stop when in town