“A Nice Return Back”

Ranked #23 of 189 Restaurants in Matthews
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our family hadn't been to an Outback in years as the one in our hometown always seemed to drop the ball. We were in town for a sporting event with our kids and I had been given a gift certificate at work, so we thought we'd try it again.

We arrived at 5:40 PM on a Friday and were greeted by a courteous young lady who showed us to our seat. The restaurant was steadily having people come inside and it wasn't long before there were people waiting for tables. It's a busy place, so I figured it would be good.

Our waiter Ryan T. was prompt and attentive. He took our drink order and recommended appetizers. My wife and I also ordered adult drinks, but his suggestions changed our minds for a more affordable and better tasting alternative. He never let our water and soda glasses get empty. He came back and took our orders and assured us what we were ordering were great choices. He was prompt with the appetizer, which was the Blooming Onion. It was great! Later, as he was passing by Ryan let us know the food was coming soon, but we thought the timing was fine. He and another waiter brought us our meals at the perfect time.

The full rack of ribs I ordered were tender and flavorful. I really enjoyed them. My wife ordered a small steak and it was cooked perfectly, which is a rarity as my wife seems to send her steak back at most places 7 out of 8 times. Great job! Our three young boys ordered cheeseburgers and fries and ate every bite. The garlic masked potatoes were warm and delicious.

Ryan recommended some great desserts. My wife tried the Carrot Cake. She said it was moist and delicious. The boys and I ordered four mini-milkshakes. They hit the spot and were pretty awesome. I was so full I just wanted a taste, so the "mini" part of it worked out fine for me.

The check came quickly and we were out of there in a little over an hour. As we walked out we saw there were a good number of people waiting for a table. Always a good sign that the restaurant is doing a great job. There were 2-3 groups of kids there in their prom attire. A good choice for them, obviously. It was a great visit with superb service and friendly, attentive staff. If I am in the area again I will consider going back for sure.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Ribs were tough. The service was very slow. The potato was hard. I was very disappointed with outback on this visit. They are usually always great but this time was different. I just think it was the cook. Maybe he had a long night but the food was awful.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Recently went to Outback for dinner. Waiter average not very personable. Maybe he was having a bad day? Stuffed Crab mushrooms , (couldn't find any crab) , also mushroom wasn't cooked. Mentioned to waiter , no apology or mention to a manager. Potato's had no taste, may have been instant. Lobster tail good but very small. Best thing was the Sangria. Atmosphere uncomfortable. Employees seem unhappy. Years ago service was excellent and food much better. Salad shrunk in size too. Oh well, live and learn won't go back. Better food at their sister property across the street.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

everything was great, service wonderful and fast. Will come back again and eat the salmon. Other members of the party had steak and it looks great.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited this location following about a six month Outback hiatus. We used to frequent another location in the area and just saw quality and customer go downhill.
Well, upon deciding to try this location today, we are ready to eat at Outback once again! We were seated quickly, greeted quickly, and our meals, the 6 and 9 oz. Outback specials were nothing short of fabulous! We also had the cheese fries appetizer ( our favorite) and our server was on point the entire time- keeping up on refills, etc. We were pleased with every aspect of our visit!! Will definitely return!