“Excellent”

Casa Rita's Mexican Grill
Ranked #71 of 186 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great time with friends & family! The food is excellent.....Service was also. Atmosphere is very comfortable! We will definitely return!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I read several mixed reviews about Casa Rita's but we decided to go anyway, spurred on by a coupon we received in the mail for a free entree. i will begin this review by mentioning one of my most important criteria when juding a Mexican restaurant: the salsa. I can't stand restaurants that are stingy with the salsa and give a table of 4 one little measly bowl. Casa Rita's, I'm proud to say, gave all four of us our own salsa, and it was delicious! They were quick to refill chips and salsa, which I give another thumbs up. Some reviewers mentioned that the chips were too 'thin', but we love hot chips that are thin and crispy, as these were. The 'white' queso was delicious, and my wife and kids wolfed it down. I love Chili Rellenos, which happily was on the menu. I will have to say that it was one of the best I've ever had, stuffed with chicken and covered with the Sour Cream sauce, and crispy like a chili relleno should be. The churro beans and spanish rice were good, and i sampled the kid's refried beans, which were up to par. My wife and son had chicken fajitas, which they both proclaimed were very good. Daughter had the taco plate and gave a thumbs up. As far as service, I think they're still working out the kinks as we went several times without timely water refills. The prices were higher than some places, but the food and salsa were worth paying for. Our family has a new 'go to' Mexican place and we're psyched!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Food is fresh fast and doesn't break the bank
Staff is friendly helpful and pleasant
I would eat here again when in town

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was my first time eating here and I wish it hadn't taken me so long to try it. Everything was excellent, the chips and salsa are the best. I ordered fish tacos which were delicious. I will be back and often!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Visiting from VA. Went in a Friday night. Awesome service, amazing Smoked Brisket Burrito, awesome service... A definite must do if you are around Matthewsm