“Wonderful oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Matthews
803 Elizabeth Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Matthews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 February 2012

There's no nicer place to stay in the Matthews or south Charlotte area. I travel often to see my parents at Plantation Estates retirement community. Discovering 803 Elizabeth B&B and hosts Martha and Will Krauss has made me look forward to these trips. The home and grounds are peaceful and beautiful, the welcoming hosts will put a smile on your face, and the food is delicious. The deck and sunroom off the bedrooms, with views to the gardens, are really great. We've booked as a solo, couple, and family group, and the B&B has been a lovely oasis for us every time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 December 2011

FIVE STARS!!!!! Actually Six. Everything you have always wanted in a B and B and more. Charming rooms, friendly atmosphere, extraordinary concierge by owners Martha and Will, gourmet breakfasts and a delightful afternoon welcoming tea, and VERY ROMANTIC. IT WAS SIMPLY THE BEST B&B that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Moreover, it was perfect for our family reunion and wedding. Joyce Ilson M.D. NYC,NYS

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I found this great place when we were planning a trip to the area to visit relatives. The owners are great, friendly and sociable without being intrusive at all. We were the only couple there, but they put as much effort into our breakfasts as if they had a full house, i.e. making a full pan of their yummy baked french toast.
Our room, the queen sized bed room, was very nice, and has a sliding door that opens to a huge sunroom (as does the twin bed room across the hall). Our mattress was good, a little on the firm side. The full bed room looked like a real charmer, and its bathroom across the hall has a tub/shower combination.
It was the most homey b & b we've ever stayed in--it feels a lot like a friend of the family has invited you to stay at their place while you are in town.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My wife and I came to Charlotte for some shopping and a little time away from home. 803 Elizabeth wasn't fancy, but it was a great place to stay. The room was fine and the breakfast was delicious. Martha even sent us home with some of her baked French Toast! We also enjoyed meeting Emma, their cat. If you're going to Charlotte and don't mind staying out of the city, I would recommend checking out 803 Elizabeth.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2011

What a haven for weary travellers! Martha and Will are the perfect hosts - attentive, friendly & helpful without hovering. The house and rooms are so comfortable and breakfast was fantastic. The grounds and gardens are just beautiful and offer a wonderful respite from the stresses of travelling. We'll certainly return to 803 Elizabeth B&B the next time we're in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I work for US Airways and make it a point to stay here when I am between trips in Charlotte. I stayed here a dozen times last year and probably more the year before. Martha and Will are the best innkeepers and make me feel like I am coming home each time I arrive! I have stayed in every room and love them all! It is so comfortable here that I catch up on my sleep and feel so rested for my trip the next day. The grounds are stunning as they are both expert gardeners! They have a swimming pool that feels great on a hot, summer day. And their cats Erna and Emma greet me many times on my arrival and and let me know I have been missed! And then they go off to their barn for dinner and a good night's sleep. I love having this experience over and over with Martha and Will in their wonderful home!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stayed here while visiting with family in the area. Martha and Will are very attentive and friendly Inn owners. My room was extremely clean, and very quiet. Their property is lovely, and is an easy drive from Charlotte, and/or the airport. I am very glad to have met them, and will definitely stay there again without hesitation when I am in town!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo