“A surprisingly nice stay!”

Econolodge & Suites
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A surprisingly nice stay!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Some of these reviews seemed a little harsh so I'll try to be a little more realistic if I can! No, you will not have a private butler or Egyptian cotton sheets. Yes, there will be a little mold at the top of the shower and bathroom will be a little small. But for $60 a night you get what you pay for.

Pros:
1. EXTREMELY helpful staff (Couldn't lock our door so the manager came and showed us that you had to lift up a little. Minor inconvenience)
2. Very nice and new flat screen tv in the room
3. "Continental breakfast" (honey buns, plain bagels, instant oatmeal, coffee, and Sunny D)
4. Very quiet- couldn't hear any road noise
5. We had accidentally booked the wrong day for our stay online but the manager was more than happy to upgrade our room for free because we got in late on a Saturday night and the other rooms had already been taken
6. No bed bugs (at least in room 104)!! I ALWAYS check.

Cons:
1. There was a used washcloth left in the shower that housekeeping missed (I saw other people mention the same problem. They should be a little more thorough!)

Overall a really pleasant and enjoyable stay. We only stayed for one night, but I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice and affordable place to spend the night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alegna212
Hm432, Manager at Econolodge & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Alegna212,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "Stay was pleasant and enjoyable".

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Thanks again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night here. It was this or Microtel nearby and we chose Econolodge because the other motel backed up to a motor home park. The front desk attendant was very nice, upgrading us to a king suite away from others, and charging us $55 + tax instead of $60 because that's what I saw online. The room was spacious and clean but the bathroom was very small. We had an issue with the shower and they fixed it on the spot quickly. We had a lot of stuff so it would've been a hassle to move to another room. It was quiet aside from the A/C and toilet and the area felt safe. The gate at the back is closed at night to prevent drivers from cutting through their parking lot. Bed and pillows were surprisingly comfy, not lumpy or flimsy. Water pressure was decent but faucets leaked and slow to drain. I would recommend to those who just need a night's rest. Clean, simple, and reasonable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Evelyn H
Hm432, Manager at Econolodge & Suites, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed here before and really enjoyed my stay. This time I was not pleased with my room. The attendant was extremely helpful in solving my issue and very quick in his dutys. Would defenetly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2012

super nice people very very friendly, Staff helped with directions and places to eat in the area. even though check in was at 2pm they let us in the room at 10 am. We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Room were very clean and well maintained. But, all in all, we would stay here again and would recommend it to others who want a pleasant economical hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Mint Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We've stayed at this location before, about 7 years ago. It's a decent place; clean, quiet and they have a free breakfast, but this place is old. The access to the building by car is very tricky. If you go by the address, you'll find the driveway fenced off. The street dead-ends, so you backtrack and find a feed store parking lot which you can go through to the back, where you turn left and enter the Econo Lodge parking lot. The rooms are clean but you can tell that the chairs and dressers are old. Ours had a drawer handle which was broken off. The AC worked well. The bathroom had a hint of a urine smell. I took a hand towel and wiped everything down, but the odor was still there. After 3 nights, it was still there. Must be a vent or something. The wall inside the tub/shower had safety rail for people with disabilities to use when entering. When you pull on the rail, the wall separates. I don't like the shower curtain because you must spend you first five minutes in the shower fixing it so that water doesn't run out onto the floor. The had a refrigerator in each room and it worked. They had shampoo but no lotion. When driving out of this place, we found that it was easiest to go out like you came in onto Moore Rd or by turning left through the old Pizza Hut lot (now Wings Street), putting you on Independence Blvd which is a heavily traveled street. The complementary breakfast consists of cold cereal or plain oatmeal, orange juice, bagels, english muffins, and bread. They have a toaster for the last three. There's a limited selection of jellies, but there's butter. They also had yogurt and coffee. Overall, many carbs and no protein.
I guess this is an old place with one family operating it, doing pretty much everything, but truthfully, it's a very low price and I guess you get what you pay for. In a pinch, I'd stay here again but for now, I'll pay a little more and stay at a better place. Perhaps, they can get the driveway leading to the hotel repaired and restore the deficiencies. Did I mention that the toilet paper dispenser came out of the wall several times? No iron or ironing board. Probably too tough keeping them. Crooks make it tough for everybody.

Room Tip: If you're just looking for a place to sleep for the night, it's a good choice, but for a vac...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

i was really worried about staying here after reading the reviews, so many people trashed the place but i was very impressed. the hotel was very nice and clean. I stayed here with my mother and child . the service was great, beds were comfortable, and very friendly people. all our accomodations were met with a very friendly smile. I would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I have stayed here twice in the last 2 months & would stay again. It is very simple, shows a bit of wear, but I have no complaints because it was clean and the price was quite reasonable - which is why I give it 4 out of 5. It is close to Hwy 74, 52 and I-485.

Convenient location to south Charlotte along I-485 and Independence Blvd corridor. Fast food, gas, chain restaurants nearby. About 10-15 minutes max to grocery or other retail. 25 minutes to Carolina Place Mall. About 45 minutes from airport, a little less to downtown. Great contemporary church across highway, Elevation.

Front desk was friendly and helpful. Access to property is awkward, but no big deal when you figure it out. TV, AC, wifi, bath, lights etc. all worked fine. Very few guests so I imagine the owners are struggling a bit - they seem like they are trying very hard so I wish them success.

Room Tip: Set away from the highway, so low noise level. Parking is fenced. I was able to park directly unde...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family