“Grilled Italian chicken”

Cuisines: Italian
Mebane, North Carolina
“Grilled Italian chicken”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I tried this dish for the first time, i paid $15 dollars they give you 2 pieces of very, very thin chicken breast AND very cheap INSTANT potatoes!!! This is a rip off!!! I will never go back

• Visited April 2013

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Typical Southern Italian”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Located in downtown Mebane, Pomodoro offers your "typical" southern italian food. My husband really likes their red pasta sauce because it is done very simply. I usually get the vodka sauce which is pretty good. Their pizza is ok and they have some really good desserts depending on the day. Service is always very good and very attentive.

I like that you can choose whatever kind of pasta you like with your choice of sauce.

• Visited January 2013
“Overpriced.”
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

The place is small, and the food is decent. I've tried several things on the menu- the pizza being the worst (dough was very doughy and wet, toppings didn't seem fresh and it was overpriced for sure) and the chicken parm being the best (cooked well, pasta was great, etc).

The biggest issue I have is the price for the quality. A pizza could easily run you $20, yet personally I think a $7 frozen pizza from the grocery store would be better. Chicken parm is about $14 and while good, it isn't worth $14.

Overall we probably won't be back if in the area again. I'm positive there are better Italian places.

Mebane NC
“Can take or leave!”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Only go here if the people I'm going out with want to. Pizza is ok. Guess I could get a salad if nothing else. Just not on the top of my favorites.

Visited July 2012
Mebane, NC
“Pizza is good (Friday Night Special)”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The pizza here is average for the area. We have been ordering here about 1-2 month on Fridays because of their special of Two-large (1 topping) pizzas for $16. Nothing to write home about, but I have had no complaints about the food.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Pomodoro Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!