“Wonderful Tasting Experience!”

The Winery at Iron Gate Farm
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Mebane
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Three friends and I went to the winery Saturday afternoon for a tasting. They were in the middle of offering farm tour hayrides so we had to wait a bit for a tasting. We were given a brief explanation and tour and then led into the very large tasting room for a tasting of 14 wines! Several of them were very nice and we left with 6 bottles. This was the best value for any tasting I've ever done (and there have been quite a few!). Fourteen wines later, I've forgotten our pourer's name, but she was absolutely wonderful, funny, entertaining. I'd definitely recommend this to others and will certainly go back for a Sunday afternoon when they have live music outside.

All reviews
"chambourcin"
"collection"
"facility"

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We enjoyed our afternoon at Iron Gate. We sampled 12 wines which were fairly good for North Carolina. Think they are doing a great job. Wish we would have had more time to spend. They have a nice outside area where we were invited to return and bring lunch to have a picnic. Would definately return.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We ended up here by fluke and it was well worth it! We got there right after they were opening and they welcomed us in with open arms. After a tour of their facility, we were lead down to the tasting area by Patty. She was such a delight!!! Personable, and a wealth of information. The tasting is the complete list of their wines with a balanced mixture of sweet and dry. We ended up purchasing one bottle and going outside for their entertainment. The entertainment was wonderful that day! I've never seen my husband so relaxed! I recommend going and trying! Sit out on the patio and soak in the sunshine!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

The outdoor stage area was very nice and the tour O.K. The wines are fair, but better ones can be found down the road in Pittsboro.

2  Thank BobandPaulette1983