“Clean and welcoming”

Holiday Inn Express Mebane
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mebane
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay there on the way south. The hotel is clean and the folks went out of their
way to make us feel welcome. The breakfast the following morning was nice with all the usual
items we have grown to expect.

Felt the rates were reasonable and the hotel was clean and quiet during our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lcldnnr

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A very friendly staff and clean room awaited me as I was forced out of my home (no heat!) for several days. I had the king suite, I think, which came not only with a couch and dining table, but more importantly, a very comfy reading chair, yay! I could regulate the temp well (unlike altogether too many other places), and the bed was very comfortable.

The only thing I didn't like was that the base of the bathtub/shower was incorrectly done, so when you get in, it shifted and groaned like the entire unit was going to collapse. It was loud enough to wake up people downstairs, I bet. Scared me! The desk told me that they are in the process of renovating, which became clear the next day when suddenly they started painting the hall outside my door. Glad I wasn't one of those folks who have health reactions to fresh paint, because they gave us no warning.

The fridge was set too cold and froze the lunch I'd bought. Still, a very nice hotel. Good selection of TV channels. Breakfast buffet was MUCH better than I'd expected or seen at other non-uber-chic chains. I'd stay here again if another emergency came up. Oh— Doubletree may give you a fabulous chocolate chip cookie when you first arrive, but these folks have more ordinary chocolate chip cookies in a large jar in the lobby, so you can come back for seconds or more.

This place is two doors down from a Cracker Barrel, and a very short walk from Ruby Tuesday's, Moe's, Smithfield Chicken, a yogurt/coffee/salad place, and KFC. There are many other restaurants/fast food places within quick driving distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CarolStrick
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The room was clean, the lady working at the front desk was super friendly when I checked in, asked about my drive in (it was snowing). I stay here for business and I have always had positive experiences here!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel recently. The lobby and room were clean, but the room definitely showed wear and needs updating. Check in was very smooth and they did give us a quiet room as we had requested. We did not hear any noise in the hallway or from outside. The air conditioner in the room, however, was very noisy, even on low cool. Without it the room would have been stuffy. The entire hotel needs an update to stay competitive with some of the other similar priced hotels in the area. There are nicer hotels for the same price, but they were booked because it was Family Weekend at Elon. Breakfast was ok, but not up to par with breakfasts at some competitors, at least as far as fresh fruit and selection of breakfast items. But, all in all, it was an ok stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the hotel not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mebane, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear lvtoske,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry for letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I arrived around 1:00 am for a 10 hour stay ..wasnt an issue checking in early..plenty of room to park a semi in front of hotel..girls at check in and check out were both wonderful..this isnt the fanciest or newest Holiday Inn Express Ive stayed in but it was a wonderful find..clean room,shower,great water pressure ,comfy bed everything was in order...great price and great people..I will be back the next time Im in the area...you wont go wrong staying here..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Front desk did not seem to know what she was doin. Hotel entrance dirty!!! My room itself was ok it had a little smell to it and a couple of my towels were stained and I found a hair on my sheets!! Not happy!! U will never stay here again. The rate is too high for the quality or should I say lack of quality. The whole hotel just looks old!

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mebane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear rucks77,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 8 July 2013

More like a 3.5 out of 5.

The hotel itself is clean. Clean lobby, hallways and generally clean room. The problem was moisture. Let me first say that it had been raining constantly for nearly 5 days so that may have played a role. When I walked into the room, I could immediately smell and feel a dampness to the room. I turned the wall AC unit on and that seemed to help. The AC unit worked fine and was quieter than others I've heard.

The bathroom had a slight smell of body odor. I think it was coming from the shower curtains which appeared 90% clean but had a few stains on them. The shower rod was not well adjusted so when you closed the curtain to shower, the curtain "fell" to the middle of the rod leading to splashing over the bathroom floor. There was no bathroom fan (or it didn't work) so all the moisture from hot showers escaped into the room.

The bathroom was in otherwise good condition with no mold or spots.

The beds were very comfortable and I did actually get a good night's sleep. Although we were close to the highway, I did not hear any highway noise over the AC unit.

The fitness center is 2 old treadmills and a nautilus unit with TV. Good enough for basic workout. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked great! Clean and inviting but didn't have the time.

Breakfast was great. A woman kept bringing out eggs, biscuits and sausage with a big smile. The coffee was good. Cereal, pancakes, yogurt, toast, muffins, sausage gravy and juice. No fruit.

The wifi was incredibly slow. Speedtest app clocked it at 1.0 mbps. The lobby computer was barely any better and was hardly functional. There is an ethernet port in the room though (complimentary) but I didn't try it.

Paid $105 for 1 night and felt like it was good enough.

Room Tip: some first floor rooms faced trees... not parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mebane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Dear pj485m,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am very happy that you had a good sleep with us. It is also nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mebane
Hampton Inn Mebane
Quality Suites
#1 of 2 in Graham
Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough
The Inn at Bingham School

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mebane? Share your experiences!