“Real Pizza - even in NC”

Ciao Pizza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: Italian
Orange Co, NC
“Real Pizza - even in NC”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We go often when we need a pizza fix. The family is Italian from NJ and they know how to make a real pizza. Their other dishes of classic southern Italian food are also good. And it is a cheerful family restaurant with good prices. We often go with our neighbors too, and they cheerfully accommodate a crowd of 6 or more.

• Visited September 2013

Raleigh, NC
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had dinner there yesterday. My girlfriend had the eggplant sub which was fine. I had the sausage sub. I don't know what the problem was but the sausage meat on the sub tasted watery and pasty. I gave a slice of it to my girlfriend who said yeah, something is wrong there. She wondered if it was turkey meat or something. I really don't know. I suspect the sausage was just boiled, cut up and kept in a pot of water all day long. The meat was definitely not off the grill like every other italian restaurant would serve it. Weird. I didn't eat it all and didn't send it back. The sub was only $6.50 so maybe they're just trying to cut costs by serving inferior meat boiled in a pot.

• Visited September 2013
Mebane, North Carolina
“Nice Italian food ! Garlic Knots!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Clean place with pretty good food. It is typical good Italian food. The garlic knots are great! Lasagna is not quite as spicy as I like but still good. Moretti beer is tasty. Steak & Cheese subs are also good.

Visited July 2013
Mebane, North Carolina
“Birthday celebrations at Ciao Pizza”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This seems to be our go to place for celebrating my granddaughter and husband's birthday. The food and service are great and the staff is always friendly. Great family atmosphere .

Visited April 2013
Mebane NC
“Best Pizza in Mebane!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Love!! Love the pizza!!! Sal the owner is great. Always willing to please. Subs are good. Could improve on pasta dishes and bread served with pasta. If wanting pizza this is always my first choice!!

• Visited May 2013