“Great Oysters!”

Durham, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Oysters!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The wife and I ate steamed Oysters at Huey's a couple of weeks ago, we were very pleased with what we got & the service was excellent! Our last visit was so good we are heading back up tonight, 30 min drive each way for us but well worth it!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank David W

Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Just open a can of whatever and dump it on my plate!”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The last time I was there and I do mean MY LAST TIME, I ordered the chicken 'n' dumplins, this has to be one of my all-time favorites if they're homemade. What they brought out on my plate was the exact same thing one can obtain by opening a can of Sweet Sue chicken 'n' dumplins. As a matter-of-fact, that's what it was.....rather than complain I simply decided never to return and to this day I've maintained that decision.

3 Thank JEDhbo96
Mebane, North Carolina
“yum!!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is one of my all time favorite restaurants! I love the atmosphere. The lady bartender is always upbeat, sweet and friendly. It feels homey! The crab legs are fantastic! The ribeye is the best steak around and the twice baked potaoes and fried chicken are fabulous! I love this place!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank lou m
Butner, North Carolina
“If you really love oysters!!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Huey's has been our go to place for great steamed oysters for a few years...hate in a way to let the secret out!!! They are consistently the best we've ever had in North Carolina....

They are brought to the table with the shells popped opened for you...and are very very clean..and always cooked just how you like them.

The Bar area has the most atmosphere...and service is always great.

On Sundays they offer 50 cent oysters, shrimp and wings...BTW...wings are wonderful too!

And....it's not really that far from Durham or Raleigh....right off of I-85 on Highway 70 at Buckhorn road...a wonderful place to eat seafood.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank beachgoer46
Mebane, North Carolina
“Over Priced But Good Food.”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The main problem with this place has always been the price for the amount of food they give you. The main dining area need more of a seafood house look to it. Other than that it great. Food has always been delicious. Service has been fast and friendly. Beer is cold and some nights they'll have a Jam session in the bar area.

1 Thank james8396

Been to Huey's Restaurant & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!