“Great Lunch buffet!”

Stir King
Ranked #37 of 73 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The lunch buffet has a number of good choices, and is about the cheapest place in town to fill up for lunch. This why the place is usually crowded around noon on weekdays. You might not think of a Chinese place as a "working class" restaurant, but this one certainly is. You can also order off the menu, my favorites being the Singapore Rice noodles or Sesame shrimp. I eat here two-three times a week.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have finally found it. Hot & Sour soup - no meat, no eggs. FANTASTIC! Fresh veggies and tofu with the right amount of heat. Not enough heat? Just ask. These folks are terrific. The service is top-notch. All other food is also very good, although you may want to ask for less oil in stir fries.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great Chinese food. Priced right. Go there about 2 times a week at noon. Fast service and good buffet.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We've been getting take out from Stir King for years. The egg rolls and wonton soup are excellent. I can always tell a good Chinese restaurant by their wonton soup and egg rolls. We love the Moo Goo Gai Pan. I tried the Cashew Chicken last time I didn't like it. It was salty, lacked vegetables and came in a thick brown sauce. The interior is not the best (you'll see personal items stored in plain site behind the buffet counter. One time the owners older son was sitting there going through his mother's purse. She came out and fussed at him. I just went away laughing. I always check the sanitation grade. We've never had any problems though.

1  Thank love2wander12
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stir King is located in a shopping center strip mall that can be a bit hard to see from the road since it's tucked behind various fast food and other businesses. However, it's worth seeking out.

At first it appears to be your average Chinese take out but we noticed right away that it was crowded with customers - always a good sign.

We decided to eat in, studied the many menu options, and all four of us ordered different things. We were all delighted when we dug into our food! The portions are huge and the food is delicious! I can't figure out how they can make any money at these prices with such generous portions using obviously fresh ingredients.

We'll be going back and I suggest you give them a try. I know you won't be disappointed.

Been to Stir King? Share your experiences!